The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wisconsin Rapids, WI ****Dairy State Steel Show****
Mark Wayne

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2017 11:45 am    

****SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENT****

After much consideration,negotiation and overwhelming fan input and support, we have decided to continue the Dairy State Steel Guitar Show!

We have just completed our meetings for the 2018 show, which will be held March 16th, 17th and 18th, 2018. We also want to apologize for any inconvenience in regard to our initial thoughts that our show might've been canceled.

We have added on a team that will oversee a lot of the scheduling duties to produce a great show. More details in a few days. Thank you to all!

Susie, Craig, Michael, Lynette and Mark

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2017 12:57 pm    

Mark,
That sure is good news!
I had a terrific time this last weekend and I'd sure hate to see it end. Very Happy
Erv

Lefty Schrage

West Union, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2017 7:24 pm     Dairy State Show

I'm elated to learn that the Dairy State Show will be continued! Our steel guitar community needs your show and I applaud the decision to continue it.

Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2017 5:35 am     Dairy State Show

great news. this time next year i will make up there wont have last notice gigs Smile would like to see pictures please

p.w

Al Anderson

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2017 7:06 am    

It' Don't get no better than this show. As we all get a little older things change. I can see where health has become an issue for people on the committee. Thanks to the people that stepped up to help out. Also thanks to Sue who has done the majority of the work in the past, Along with Craig , Mark, Mike, Lynette, And the back up band. I hope it will last another ten years. Al Andersen

Mark Wayne

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2017 9:31 am    

Thank you Erv, Lefty, Paul, and Al. With any successful endeavor, it creates a need for more assistance, and we appreciate all those who offered to help, and as Lefty knows from the Notheast Iowa Steel Guitar Show, volunteers are like gold to us. Erv's impressive inventory of tablature adds a great visual over the weekend. Paul, it would be good to see you again. Thanks Al, for recognizing us, we may be beat up..but we're not beat, lol.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2017 9:49 am    

Mark,
Bless your heart! Very Happy

Larry Welter

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2017 12:09 pm    

Smile excellent news,,,the show has always been excellent and drawing people never seemed to be an issue,, thank you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dennis Atkins

St. Paul, Minnesota
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2017 9:14 am    

Glad to hear the good news. I know how difficult it is to put together a great show. Having helped create the Minnesota Steel Guitar Association and working to showcase our talent here, it was always a hard job to get the work done. Working for a year to make the best show you can, demanded time and effort to pull all the pieces together. It is a work of love, with little or no remuneration to the organizers for their hard work. Words of praise are nice to hear, but sometimes, a monetary reward is welcomed. No one is in this business to make a lot of money, but money is a factor in putting together a great show. It costs money for the venue, the musicians, the lighting, the food, the vendors, and many other incidental elements that no one knows about. I sincerely hope that this show will continue for many more years, and that we keep our support up for these volunteers who devote so much of their time to bring us the very best. Best of luck to Sue, Craig, Mark, Dale, Mike and Lynette, and to all those who aid in the smallest way.

George McLellan

Duluth, MN USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2017 9:56 am    

Best wishes for a great group of people. Sorry I will be missing out but I'm in Arizona at the same time as it's held.
Geo