The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Converting old sho-bud
Charley Erck

Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2017 3:13 pm    

We have finished restoration work on this old pedal, converting it to a console, double ten.
The earlier photos show that it was pretty much a write-off, missing all pedal parts.
I believe, a late 50's guitar, it has a great tone with the old pickups and the changing to solid saddle and nuts. I am unsure if this will offend the pedal boys, but it is a great player
now.

David M Brown

California, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2017 4:28 pm     Re: Converting old sho-bud

Charley Erck wrote:
We have finished restoration work on this old pedal, converting it to a console, double ten.
The earlier photos show that it was pretty much a write-off, missing all pedal parts.
I believe, a late 50's guitar, it has a great tone with the old pickups and the changing to solid saddle and nuts. I am unsure if this will offend the pedal boys, but it is a great player
now.

I think that's a great idea, particularly for those folks that play 10 string tunings.

I bet there are a fair number of old pedal steels that could be de-constructed.

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2017 7:20 pm    

cool....

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2017 6:27 pm    

Seems like a great idea to me, especially since it wasnt a functional pedal steel before you set to work on it. I bet it does sound good, and having 10 strings would be a big plus for it also. Nice work !! I would think that would inspire people to do the same to an old pedal steel they have that would cost a small fortune to revive as a pedal steel.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp