INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey session 115 @TSGA
Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post Posted 13 Mar 2017 3:45 pm     Reply with quote

Just curious if anybody had a chance to play through or hear this amp at the show and with their impressions are?
Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post Posted 13 Mar 2017 4:51 pm     Reply with quote

I checked it out for a bit with my buddy Boo Miller operating the steel as I manipulated the controls.

It seemed to be a very nice feature loaded amp that can pack a wallop if need be. The controls were very responsive and will be familiar to veteran Peavey users. The light weight is a big plus and the "street price" isn't really all that bad considering that you are getting good effects, powered stereo capabilities, warranty from a trusted company, etc. etc.

If I were in the market for a new amp I would certainly put this on my list of amps to consider.

I am speaking of the Session 115 model. We didn't have time to check out the Robert Randolph model or the new Nashville 112 which were also available to test drive.
Bill Ferguson

Norcross, GA USA
Post Posted 14 Mar 2017 8:29 am     Reply with quote

I had my new Session 115 on stage and used it Friday morning on the main show.
It was DEAD ON. Crystal clear and very responsive.
Several others used my amp during the weekend.

I spent some time in the Peavey room demonstrating the controls and letting people play my Zum through the new amps.
Both the Session 115 and the new Nashville 112 are the great amps that we expect from Peavey.

Wayne Dahl, Buck Reid and myself all played in the Peavey room and were impressed with the new amps.

Contact my buddy Gary Sill (Gary Sill Music). He has all the new amps in stock and ready to ship.
AUTHORIZED GeorgeL's, Goodrich & Telonics Dealer: 1993 Green Emmons D-10 LeGrande w/ Emmons 108 pickups, 2004 Mahogany Carter D-10 w/ Lawrence XR16 pickups, 1989 Zumsteel D-10 w/ Alumitone pickups, Goodrich or Telonics Volume Pedal, George L's Cable & Strings, Peavey Nashville 112 (I have 2), Peavey Session 115 and a Telonics Combo 112
Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post Posted 14 Mar 2017 8:49 am     Reply with quote

Peavey has been there for us steel players through thick and thin for years. Quality, sound and trying to keep the price reasonable.

Some other good amps out there as well, but I always seem to compare them to Peavey (I ask myself, "does this amp have the Peavey sound for steel")

Ron Hogan
Somewhere in the swamps of Tennessee
Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post Posted 14 Mar 2017 10:13 am     Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!
Ron Hogan, the pride of Englishtown, NJ!