The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steelseat new things at TSGA Jamboree (more photos added)
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2017 8:27 pm    

People have ask for the Lite model with a Sideakar. Will have 2 - one for effects on Right side and one with SideKar on left side with Power Strip. (power strip on that model too)

Photos to follow.

Keyboard bench with wide effects box on legs under seat for a guy that plays keyboard, guitar and bass.

A standard size effects with 110V power strip. First also.

Photo to follow.

Plus seats seats and more seats.

Effects boxes on legs.

More photos to follow.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
joe.naylor@att.net
480-215-8853
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2017 8:06 am     More photos.

People have ask for a Lite model with a SideKar and Power Strip

And one with the SideKar on the other side. Effects in the lid of the SideKar.

A couple more SlimLines with Power Strip one in glossy Brown Gator and one in Blue Diamond Mica. (can match steel guitars and drums Mica)

And an Original in Ostrich with Power Strip.

More to come.
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2017 8:42 am     psg

Joe's the man !

Richard Ingley

Bowie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2017 1:25 pm    

T T T

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2017 9:15 pm    

I always thought that a swivel seat would hurt knee lever action, until I demoed one in Phoenix in January. The swivel is actually BETTER especially if you have one or two left knee staggered levers, the swivel makes "scootching" around on the seat to get to staggered levers EASY. Who knew!! Way to go, Joe Naylor.

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 5:55 am     Thanks John

Red diamond to match a Mica steel

With swivel.

Something people have been asking for an Effects Box on legs with a POWER STRIP

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 5:56 am     Thanks John

Red diamond to match a Mica steel

With swivel.

Something people have been asking for an Effects Box on legs with a POWER STRIP

Come by and see things in Dallas.

Brian Straub

Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 7:26 am     steel seats

I purchased a seat from Joe last year at the show and its the best seat I've owned. Mine is a swivel seat with power strip and side car. super durable, comfortable and Top notch quality. Many band members admire it as the Cadillac of seats. See you at the show.

Charley Bond

Inola, OK, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 10:15 am     Steel Seats

What a great bunch of Seats... I'll be there on Friday, to have a looksee

Cliff Trent

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 11:45 am     swivel

Joe made me a swivel seat two years ago, and it's the best Iv'e ever used!!! Still looks new too!! He's the best! The swivel helps with the knees and makes playing easier.

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 17 Mar 2017 12:39 pm    

No doubt about it!!! Joe makes great stuff! I have one of his so called "electric chairs" (just kiddin) with the power strip, and it's wonderful. Comfortable, durable, and does the job! Thanks Joe!
Larry T

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2017 3:44 pm    

The swivel looks really awesome! What a great idea and implementation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Charley Bond

Inola, OK, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2017 6:44 am     Swivel Seat

First off... this guy has a great imagination, beautiful work, Has to come from the heart.

I used to use a grade school classroom chair, that had a swivel seat. It was great to use when pulling those levers.

I still have the chair, it is used in my shop.

I should get my PSG Seat modified to have a swivel...

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2017 12:39 pm     Re: Swivel Seat

Charley Bond wrote:
First off... this guy has a great imagination, beautiful work, Has to come from the heart.

Joe sees a problem and comes up with an interesting version of his seat that has everyone thinking "it's obvious... why hadn't I thought of that?"

I like the slim seat with the sidecar to hold effects idea. I'd size it to hold up to 4 Boss/MXR-size stomp boxes with a power pod hardwired to the effects strip.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2017 7:52 am     Thanks for a the responses

Thanks for the notes on here. Yes, I try to listen and figure out a solution.

I keep a list and work on new ideas when I can.

Thanks to everyone that came by in Dallas. Another great weekend for me seeing old (not old) Very Happy friends.

Might just come up with one of those Herb. I will lay it out to see how much are we would need.

The Lite with the SideKar for effects or as a standard use SideKar was a customer idea. The 110v Power Strip was the first on a Lite as well. And the 110V Power Strip on the effects on legs was a challenge too but it worked out.

Thanks for the positive comments and ideas.

Joe