INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tracking for Karaoke Songs this morning
Jack Stoner

Inverness, Fl
Post Posted 22 Feb 2017 6:55 am     Reply with quote

I'm creating two "backup" tracks for a singer friend this morning. First time I've tried this method - I'm taking the song track and creating the drums, bass, steel, rhythm and lead guitar tracks from the song track. So far, I've created the drum track - manually with an Alesis SR-16 drum machine pads (also a first for me). Also tracked bass. After I get off of here I'm going to track steel and guitars.

I got the songs from the Internet and transposed them into the key the singer wanted using my Karaoke program.

After I get all the tracks the way I want them I'll mixdown and add a little Ozone 5 mastering to spiff them up.

The two songs are both gospel songs.
Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post Posted 22 Feb 2017 5:12 pm     Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun project.
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC..
Post Posted 23 Feb 2017 3:47 am     Reply with quote

Jack, kool ! Go up on those Karaoke websites and forums and tell them what you do, several will contact you. I have done a bunch of these with good success over the last couple of years. I charged $100 song . Problem is many of the Karaoke singers don't understand the language of Chorus, Verse, Bridge etc.. I haven't done any in awhile now they were just way too time consuming for me, not the music, the conversations with the clients !

There is a small market out there which as far as I can tell, for individual songs, is untapped.

Go for it ! Smile

Emmons Steels, Fender Telecasters
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
Jack Stoner

Inverness, Fl
Post Posted 23 Feb 2017 5:03 am     Reply with quote

I don't plan on doing more of these. It was more a challenge and learning project to do these two.

I don't have software to create a full karaoke song with lyrics. These two are just the music and the singer will have to copy the original lyrics/style when she sings them.