INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio/Austin
Ron Sodos

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post Posted 1 May 2017 2:43 pm     Reply with quote

I moved to San Antonio from NM last June and in 2 months got a great gig with a working band. I was doing great until February of this year when I tore my shoulder. Surgeon said I tore my rotator cuff all the way through. So I had surgery Feb 22. Now I am healing and I have been practicing steel and really enjoying it. I have been given the go ahead to play starting the end of May. I just need to be a little careful lifting heavy equipment until my shoulder is 100%. Anyway the band I was working with (Bret Mullins) hired my replacement so I am out of work. Anyone that can throw a gig my way I would appreciate it. I prefer to join a band rather than do one nighters but anything will do. I also prefer classic country and would be in heaven if I never had to play Luke Bryant or Gary Alan. But a gig is a gig. By the way I have been playing steel since 1979. check me out on YouTube (ronsodos) Thanx in advance.