The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New regulations on woods
Bryan Staddon

Buffalo,New York,
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 7:09 am    

Thanks W.C. Went to your website, I'm adding Joshua Tree and Smoking to my upcoming solo shows, I'll tell my extremely small group of fans to check you out. Now dig this: I also play a jumbo, I've spent many nights under the stars in Joshua Tree and I love Corona. I don't have the shirt but apparently we feel the same way about Monsanto. If you also play a Sho-Bud Pro II that will be a mind warper! Stay Strong brother if you are ever in western New York let me Know, we will get down!
For Mr Prior. So if you own anything made of wood or sit on it you can't try to do something to preserve the future of the planet?

W. C. Edgar

Iowa City Iowa, Madison CT, Nashville, Austin, Phoenix, L or R Coast Soon!
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 7:51 am    

Thanks buddy,
Some folks just don't 'get it'.
Stay well.
WC
1979 Peavey LTD
1980 Peavey Nashville 400
Goodrich L-120
Toured with Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson & more
wcedgar.com

Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 9:48 am     Re: We are not alone.

Bryan Staddon wrote:
So if you own anything made of wood or sit on it you can't try to do something to preserve the future of the planet?

Respectfully, can you clarify this?

Now, I don't mean like my sister-in-law who finally, exhasperatedly, said 'Do you believe in this chair?'
I mean, I don't have to, I'm sitting on it, and it's sturdy.

Certainly, I can try to do something about the planet, but I'm unclear what you're suggesting that you do--not that it's any of my business. (ntiaomb, I guess)

As Craig and I discussed in the dust, these things that are driven by market seem to rule regardless of the logic.
Save wood; price it out of the market.

Bryan Staddon

Buffalo,New York,
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 7:20 am     Clarification

Morning,
Not sure how to properly refer to a quote but here it is:

it appears to me that some legislators somewhere , sitting around in expensive WOOD Chairs on a beautiful very expensive WOOD desk came up with some regulations to curtail the use of wood.

So if we apply a bit of critical thinking and alter the premise to see if it's logical we could get this:

it appears to me that some legislators somewhere , sitting around ( breathing air) on a beautiful ( clean air day)came up with some regulations to ( preserve clean air).

Or this: Since people have used wood in the past,or own things made of wood they should not be allowed to try to preserve wood even after they become aware some wood is in danger and it will affect the entire planet eventually.

Or this: I drove a pinto to work every day for 7 years until one day it blew up and killed my wife,but since I used one for 7 years I can't do anything to rectify this problem without being hypocritical.

Who knew that trees assist in making air? Who knew that ecosystems are very complicated? Who knew that corporations and people will kill or fire people to make money?

Brooks Montgomery

Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 9:14 am    

If you want a good perspective on this subject of limited valuable wood for guitars, a book about a common fish has many answers. Read "Cod" by Mark Kurlansky.

Stan Knowles NC

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2017 11:43 am     Regulations!

While I think we should be good stewards of what God has given to us...I do reserve the right to think not very highly of people whose "Life achievement goal" is to make things as difficult for other people as they possibly can!

The "EPA" is at the head of that column!

And...I do, personally, believe that, while there is such a thing as over harvesting certain kinds of woods in this world....I do believe that certain people don't want ANY WOODS harvested!

Therefore, I think that those people ought to be the "first examples" to us all..and that they should trade all their furniture for plastic furniture, and they should only play plastic guitars, which they can haul in their plastic cars back and forth to their plastic houses!

THERE!