The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Jeffran Music is open for business
Melissa Greer

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2017 4:49 pm    

Hello all,
Please forgive the time it has taken to transition the company following Frans unexpected passing. My name is Melissa, I am Jeff and Frans granddaughter, I've had the pleasure of meeting and speaking to several of you on the phone. I myself was not well the month and half following her passing and had to be hospitalized leading me to be unable to get into the office as needed. However, after 2 surgeries and the extra early arrival of Jeff and Frans great granddaughter, I have everything back up and running to better fulfill everyone's needs! I do not reside in the same location of the office as Fran did so I am not always there to receive everyone's calls immediate, however I can always be reached on my cell phone at 615-879-4911 or on our new email address Jeffranmusic@gmail.com. I apologize to everyone who has tried to reach us via Frans email, as this email is no longer valid due to many communication error and even more missing emails we cannot seem to recover. I look forward to hearing from you all and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you! It is my honor to continue Jeff and Fran's legacy.

God Bless you all!
Thank you so much for your continued support
Melissa Newman Greer
615-879-4911
Jeffranmusic@gmail.com

Greg Thompson

Taumarunui, New Zealand
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2017 6:45 pm    

The Newman Legacy continues - GREAT News
GregT

Jim Smerk

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2017 10:35 pm     Re: Jeffran Music is open for business

Melissa Newman Greer wrote:
I myself was not well the month and half following her passing and had to be hospitalized leading me to be unable to get into the office as needed.

Melissa, you sound like a trouper! I wish you all the luck in the world as you take over the day to day running of the biz! Cool

Craig Bailey

Post  Posted 25 Jan 2017 8:09 pm    

Melissa, congratulations on the new baby. I am glad to hear you are doing well and back in business. This is great news for the steel guitar community!!!!

God bless you and your family!

Craig Bailey

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2017 6:32 am    

Melissa, This is great.

Jeff and Fran were my very dear friends for over 35 years. Jeff did me the honor of letting me handle the sound for the June Jams when we had them at the campground.
I handled the sound at the ISGC and the two of them would always come and sit with me and guide me (hehe).

After Jeff's passsing, Fran and I would always have breakfast together at the ISGC and the TSGA shows.

I truly miss them both.

Good luck to you and please let me know if I can help in any way.

Bill Ferguson
770-921-7253
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2017 6:46 am    

Yes, welcome Melissa! I spent a great week with Jeff and Fran back in the 1980's and they treated me like family. Jeff was an excellent instructor and his instructional materials are timeless. Best wishes with the business going forward and congratulations on your new daughter!

Melissa Greer

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2017 5:40 am     Thanks so much Y'all!

I can't thank y'all enough for being so welcoming and supportive! The steel guitar community has always been a major part of my family and I look forward to continuing the tradition! I have many many fond memories of ISGC not only as a child but the last few years before Scottys passing as well. I definately plan to bring Jeffran Music to a few conventions in the upcoming future! I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you!

Y'all are great!
God Bless
Melissa

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2017 6:32 am     Much Success

Here's wishing you much future success with Jeff's wonderful instructional material. I'm so glad that it will still be made available. Most of today's good players learned from Jeff. Thanks for all you do. Tommy.....

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2017 5:32 pm    

Welcome back Mellissa.

This is good news. Best of luck to you. Yahoo!!!

Gary Arnold

Panhandle of Florida, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 8:26 pm    

Some of my best times were with Jeff & Fran when they opened the school out on I-40. I flew in from Florida and Jeff picked me up on his Baby Blue Cady. We went back to the school and got me settled in. We got started early Monday morning, he made me the player I am today. I enjoyed the whole week, day after day of Jeffs teaching and a steady stream of the greatest Nashville players I had heard on all of those great country tunes coming in to visit and give us some attention like no one else could have done, there was Buddy, Hal,Randy(he was just a little youg guy then)Jeff told me to watch this guy,he's going places and he did and some I didn't know who they were until one of the guys I meet in class told me who they were. The last night was a special jam with Buddy Emmons and a hand picked band, he played every thing you could want to hear, I'll never forget those weeks. I stayed in touch with Jeff and I guess I have every thing he has for the E9th PSG. I am so glad Jeff will live on through this outlet. I will be calling and making some orders soon, looking forward to talking. Gary Arnold

Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2017 1:14 pm     Jeffran

WELCOM MELISSA! So glad you are back in business and we do understand your situation. A large percentage of what I know about the pedal steel is from Jeff's instruction which I think is without rival. So glad you are continuing the family legacy. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family as you begin this adventure.
God bless and looking forward to meeting you....clark and lucy

Richard Keller

Deer Creek, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2017 11:46 am    

Melissa,
Thank you for super fast service.
I emailed Melissa last night and within five minutes she return my email and I placed an order with her for some finger picks and paid with PayPal.
It could not have been a simpler or faster transaction.

Thanks again Melissa
Richard

Ron Whitworth

Yuma,Ariz.USA Yeah they say it's a DRY heat !!
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2017 9:50 am    

Hello Melissa;
Glad to hear you are carrying Jeff & Fran's dreams
forward & welcome here also!

Do you have a website so folks may look at all the products you offer?

Thank You.
Ron

We need to turn the TWANG up a little

It's not what you play through, it's what you play through it.

They say that tone is all in the fingers...I say it is all in your head Smile

Some of the best pieces of life are the little pieces all added up..Ron

the value of friendship. Old friends shine like diamonds, you can always call them and - most important - you can't buy them.

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2017 9:55 am     grea news

I'm so very happy you are still open!!

ill be giving you a call

mike Very Happy

KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2017 6:18 pm    

Welcome Melissa. Thank you for carrying on Jeff's legacy. Very Happy

Melissa Greer

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2017 8:38 am     Thank you so much!

I just wanted to thank you again for such a very warm welcome! I certainly love the opportunity to get to know all of you and also provide Jeffran Material to all of Jeffs loyal students! I certainly appreciate all the well wishes and will continue to provide the best steel guitar instruction😉available by Jeff Newman..

I can be contacted several ways
Jeffranmusic@gmail.com
615-879-4911(cell)
615-470-5224 (office)
Www.Jeffran.com

God Bless Y'all!
Melissa

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2017 5:18 am     Jeffran Music

Hello Melissa,
I worked with Jeff and Fran when he was actively performing. I have worked for Peavey Electronics for over 40 years and Jeff and Fran would pass through Meridian, Mississippi on their way to Texas or whatever show was being held in this area.

They were great people that I have missed dearly.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2017 5:19 am     Jeff and Fran

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Dan Chambers

Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2017 8:12 am    

Great news! Jeff probably had as much or more to do with popularizing E9 Pedal Steel as any single person on the planet. I ran all over the central US to his seminars and attended Jeffran College for a week in 1978. Is this great news for the steel guitar community? As Jeff used to say "does a coon have a climbing gear?".

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2017 5:15 am    

Melissa I tried to go to the jeffran website and it's not there. I am new to the PSG and have been directed time and time again yo Mr. Newman's course and for.good reason. Please let me know if there is any product to move still. Go's blew yoy Melissa.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2017 5:39 am    

Jim, see this recent post from Melissa concerning site work etc.

Melissa Newman Greer wrote:
Hi All,
I apologize for the inconvenience, however the website for JEFFRAN MUSIC (Jeffran.com) Will be undergoing updates and maintenance in order to provide the most up to date catalog of Jeffran Material as well as provide online purchases as well. The host site has not displayed this information correctly, this is to be updated shortly. Until the new site is launched, please feel free to contact me via email at JeffranMusic@gmail.com or by phone at 615-470-5224 OR 615-879-4911. Jeffran Material will continue to be provided to the Steel Guitar Community as long as there are students looking to learn from the late, great Jeff Newman. I will provide our latest catalog by email or I can also send a paper catalog to your mailing address. Thanks so much everyone!

God Bless!!

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2017 5:43 am    

Thanks jerry. This is my 4th day as a forum member so I am sure this isn't the last thing I will miss. I'm glad Melissa is keeping this goin....theres a reason jeff has and is still considered yhe best teacher of PSG. My private instructor uses his methods (which is how he learned 30 +years ago). Best part is you're not just learning runs and licks, but learning how they are applied so you can use them in other songs! Thanks again for the info jerry!

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2017 6:26 am    

Sure Jim, I'm seeing a lot of enthusiasm from you here. I wish you much luck.

I spent time with Jeff in 1980...best money I ever spent...and further employed his instruction for many years following.

I'm thrilled to know that Melissa is keeping the tradition going and I'm sure things will get to normal for her soon.

Keith Kire

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2017 7:26 am     Jeff Newman

My instructor also spent some time on the fast track. He speaks very highly of the methods used to teach him. Glad to see that these methods won't be lost. I also look forward to purchasing some of these instructionals myself

Melissa Greer

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 7:14 am     ******Jeffran Music on Facebook******

Hello Everyone!
We have been doing a lot of work around Jeffran Music lately in order to get our new website, JeffranMusic.com launched (Launch date:8/21/17)and our Facebook site-@JeffranMusicOfficial (Now available!!) If you have Facebook, please feel free to visit us, like us, share the great news! We have opened a Facebook shop, making it even easier to order your Jeffran Material! We will have many exciting features available to our facebook friends each week!

Jeffran Music on Facebook ::: @JeffranMusicOfficial