The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sierra Artist D10 - D10 for the price of an S10
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2017 7:21 pm    

This is a rare Sierra Artist D10 guitar, I've seen several single neck Artists, but only heard of a couple of D10s. This steel is in excellent condition, I just cleaned it up and did a setup on it and it plays and sounds good. This guitar has rectangular legs that have a round bar at the end that slips into a socket welded in the frame. The original retainer screws were hard to tighten, so I replaced them with screws and fluted knobs for easier tightening. The changer end knobs had to be modified slightly to clear the changer but still work well. Here are the particulars;

Triple raise/triple lower, all pull changer
Adjustable return springs
Eight pedals, 4 knee levers
Aluminum frame with tough plastic laminate covering
Large roller nut for less string stress at the nut
Has the famous Wheel-Eze case in excellent condition
Includes leg bag
Currently set up at 26 3/4" from the bottom of the guitar to the floor
The back legs are easily adjustable for uneven surfaces
Guitar and case weighs 58lbs, guitar alone weighs 39lbs
More pictures available on request.

The price was $1950, now $1750.00 plus shipping, I need to get it out of my closet. I would prefer a cashiers check or money order, but I can take Paypal if you want to pay the fee. One of the pictures shows the current pedal and lever setup, but I can make minor changes if necessary. I could also lower the height if needed. I use Fedex Ground for shipping.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Last edited by Darvin Willhoite on 9 Feb 2017 8:46 am; edited 3 times in total

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2017 9:05 pm    

I had one of these many years ago and it was a great playing guitar with great tone and sustain. They came stock with the George L's 10-1 pickups which I feel is a perfect match for the all aluminum body. Wish I would've kept it as they don't show up very often. It's a pro model guitar in every aspect at a really good price!
Dave

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2017 7:21 pm    

Thanks for the comment David. I have my '72 Emmons P/P set up in my music room, and I plugged this guitar into the same amp with the same settings. It was as bright, or possibly just a little brighter than the P/P. It would definitely cut through the clutter.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2017 5:19 pm    

Bump for the weekend.

Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 3:29 am    

I had one of those and had the first LKV put on by Don and Tom.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2017 8:04 pm    

Bump for the weekend, lowered price.

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2017 4:21 am    

up for a new week, these are great guitars... Very Happy

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2017 8:46 am    

Bump for the weekend, and lowered the price another $100.

Sidney Ralph Penton

Moberly, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 7:27 pm     psg

darvin i am interested in your psg sent you a pm give me a call thanks sid

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 7:38 pm    

Sorry Sydney it sold through another site, and I shipped it out today.