The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitars of Nashville: We are still open!!!
Kenny Foy

Lynnville, KY, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2017 4:34 pm    

Been in a couple of times since Bobbe's passing. Same as usual. Couldn't ask for better customer service as usual and wound up having a nice visit. Just like Steve said, I'm glad they're still in business. They're 2 1/2 hours from me. That's how far it is for me to have a shop for STEEL GUITAR NEEDS and GLAD they're there. So Bob, and all the guys, THANKS for being there and I guarantee you I'm not the only one who is proud, and glad, they're there. THANKS GUYS! P S I remember Vic and Jeff Peterson workin there Just all round good people.

Jeff Campbell

Knoxville Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2017 7:26 pm     Steel Guitars of Nashville

The store is very much open... I was there yesterday and several times in the past. I love going there and they are always super nice to me!!

Bo Borland

South Jersey -
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2017 10:26 pm    

I always call and ask Michelle if I can speak to Bobbe.. (it's an old Buddy Rich joke)

I just received my latest string order a couple days ago. I like the Cobra Coils and have been using them for years.

Bobbe and I go way back to his days in Philly.
SGN is always a stop when I'm down that way.

Vic Lawson

White House, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2017 4:01 pm    

Maybe this will clarify. After Bobbe's passing a former customer of ours approached Michelle and I about reopening the store (due to Bobbe's passing it was closed for two months) We had several meetings and finally came to an agreement that worked for everyone. As of right this minute there are 3 equal owners myself, Michelle and Tom Bozeman. Essentially it's the exact the same with the exception of carrying Seymour's instructional products. I obtained legal rights for the Cobra Coil Brand. I a currently in the process of selling my shares of the corporation. Bob has graciously stepped up to the plate of helping manage the store as I'm on the road and have no time to invest.
Please continue to support Steel Guitars of Nashville without it there will soon be no stores like it.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2017 4:50 am    

SGN and now SGoN have always been a 'must visit' place in Nashville for me when I have visited the town. I always found Bobbe to be very entertaining when he was there, and was pleased to learn that the business would continue after his sad departure.

I love Cobra Coil strings, and bulk buy them on each trip. I will visit in September this year. I have found Michelle and Vic to be very accommodating and helpful folks in the past, and I am looking forward to meeting Bob Hempker for the first time when I visit.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Jeffery Self

Spring City,Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 6:38 pm    

Vic Lawson wrote:
Maybe this will clarify. After Bobbe's passing a former customer of ours approached Michelle and I about reopening the store (due to Bobbe's passing it was closed for two months) We had several meetings and finally came to an agreement that worked for everyone. As of right this minute there are 3 equal owners myself, Michelle and Tom Bozeman. Essentially it's the exact the same with the exception of carrying Seymour's instructional products. I obtained legal rights for the Cobra Coil Brand. I a currently in the process of selling my shares of the corporation. Bob has graciously stepped up to the plate of helping manage the store as I'm on the road and have no time to invest.
Please continue to support Steel Guitars of Nashville without it there will soon be no stores like it.

I THINK THE LAST LINE KINDA SUMS IT UP FELLA"S

Remembering Larry Self (1936-2014)

Rick Baker

Myrtle Beach, SC
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 4:59 pm    

I stopped by the store today... talk about a great bunch of folks. Nice inventory of guitars and supplies. Be sure to give them some business, I sure don't think you could go wrong.
1998 VG Strat (Roland G-5)

Bob Wood

Madera, California, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2017 1:55 pm     Steel guitar store of Nashville

I logged on to their web site the other day to order some accessories and lo and behold they are no longer in business! It goes straight into the steel guitar covers! But nothing else! What happened! Did they finally have to close down after Bobbe's death? Anyone know?

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 25 May 2017 4:05 pm    

Did you log into steelguitarsofnashville.com

I just did and everything is fine.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 26 May 2017 8:56 pm    

I just bought bunch of stuff over there another day.... store is up and running strong, steel guitars all over the place, gazillion accessorial steel guitar items, strings, amps ... and no other then Buck Reid working on guitars in the back room .... actually Lynn Owsley himself walked in too, while I was there talking to Michelle and Buck about my new 705 pickup ...

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2017 1:48 pm    

I was just looking at the website, gonna browse for something but it looks like you need an account just to browse? I don't think I want to log on to an account just to look around....or am I missing something?

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2017 2:56 pm    

I was by there too, last week. Lots of great guitars there and they were busy.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2017 12:48 am    

Damir Besic wrote:
I just bought bunch of stuff over there another day.... store is up and running strong, steel guitars all over the place, gazillion accessorial steel guitar items, strings, amps ... and no other then Buck Reid working on guitars in the back room .... actually Lynn Owsley himself walked in too, while I was there talking to Michelle and Buck about my new 705 pickup ...

Buck used to work on guitars when Bobbe owned the store. He is particularly good with Emmons push pulls and is a handy guy to have about the place.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Drew Howard

Post  Posted 28 Jun 2017 9:39 am    

steelguitarsofnashville.com

The website is down.

Is the store open? I have a freind inquiring who will be down there for gigs.

Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2017 12:43 pm     I miss that kind of thing

Dustin Rigsby wrote:
I actually miss Bobbe's offensive jokes... Laughing Laughing .....and his tall tales !

With all the PC @&$# these days, I miss that kind of thing....
Just tell the jokes and if someone don't like it there is a door just for them!
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.

Bob Hempker

Goodlettsville, TN.
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 8:01 am    

Our website is being worked on and will be back up and running. I the meantime, yes we are open. If you need to order something or inquire about a product, call our store number, 615-822-5555. We appreciate your business. Our website will be up and running,hopefully by the end of this week.