The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitars of Nashville: We are still open!!!
Dale McPherson

Morristown, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 8:09 am    

I visited the shop this week and was treated very nice. They had a good selection of guitars, accessories, seats and amplifiers. Tyler took the time to demonstrate several amps for me. Very nice shop.

Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 5:20 pm    

Hey I'm happy the store is still going and I appreciate the latest info but it fell far short of answering the important questions.
Is the business being overseen by an Administrator of the estate or has the estate been settled and there is a legal owner or owners or has there just nothing been done in this regard?
It makes a big difference from a legal standpoint should a dispute arise.

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 6:32 pm    

Bob was running the shop the last couple of times I visited before Bobbe died. It was every bit the steel guitar store it was when Bobbe was running it, and Bob is a pleasure to hang out with. I always stop in when I'm in town.

As far as I understand, this is technically a different business than Bobbe's original store. The name is very slightly different. But Bob is the only one who can answer that authoritatively.

Thanks Bob for keepin' it going. See y'all next time I'm down.

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 7:07 pm    

Stuart Legg wrote:

It makes a big difference from a legal standpoint should a dispute arise.

I guess a similar issue COULD arise at any place we buy major items. Personally I never have worried about it. I deal with businesses big and small and figure I'll deal with a dispute if and when it arises. That is, unless I get a gut feeling up front that I can't trust the company - in which case I'll take my business elsewhere. I have not heard of any reason not to feel confident in the store we're discussing. YMMV.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 7:19 pm    

I never know the back-story on any store I go into and I daresay almost none of us does. The mom and pop store down the street could be operating under Chapter 11 for all I know. They're not gonna tell me, and I'm not gonna ask. And that's the same here. None of my business as long as they treat people right, I'm cool with that.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 9:02 pm    

Stuart Legg wrote:
Is the business being overseen by an Administrator of the estate or has the estate been settled and there is a legal owner or owners

every time I go to WalMart that is the first thing I ask the lady at the door... Cool

Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 5:38 am    

Mom and Pop Store is precisely the issue? Mom and Pop have names.
I was doing business with Mr.______ or/and/or Miss or Mrs. ________I didn’t make the checks out to Mom and/or Pop.
There is a new Mom or/and/or Pop and you are telling me I’m unreasonable wanting to know who they are!
What is the problem with giving names? Stop beating around the bush!

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 7:10 am    

The store is open, they have a name they are doing business under, that's who you make the check out to. End of story.

I don't understand the problem. As far as I know, they have a good reputation, as Bobbe did before his passing. Have there been allegations of fraud or disputed ownership? I'm not aware of any. So why would I NOT buy from them?

Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 8:38 am    

I get it "It's none of my business!!!"

Last edited by Stuart Legg on 30 Jan 2017 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 8:50 am    

Wal-Mart is publicly traded company, owned by 1598 share holders... just wonder, did you get all the nanes?

Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 9:11 am    

yes the the Walton estate and other Waltons own 60 something percent of the shares.

Last edited by Stuart Legg on 30 Jan 2017 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 9:26 am    

You will have no problems from me. Thanks

Last edited by Stuart Legg on 30 Jan 2017 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 9:26 am    

you recorded that conversation? Oh boy Rolling Eyes

Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 9:31 am    

What are you implying?

Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 10:03 am    

I don’t have and or have said anything against the store and I’m sure all the folks there a great people.
I no longer care who owns the store or why it is a secret or care what you think about it. Laughing Oh Boy

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2017 4:48 pm     Sgn...

Stopped by today for a visit...

Bob,Michelle and Tyler were all there and busy...Tyler had a few steels
in line for repairs...he's sharp on 'em!

Sure glad to have a place in the area to get steel-oriented stuff!

Stop by and see 'em!

Steve
Brand X

L. A. Wunder

Lombard, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2017 8:54 pm    

I'm glad to hear that the store is still operational and doing well. Now I know who to call when I need strings or anything else Steel related.
Bob, are you still playing, or are you concentrating on running the store?

Bob Hempker

Goodlettsville, TN.
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2017 9:27 am    

All I want to say is that we are still open. We have NEVER been closed. We appreciate your business. If you are reluctant to buy from us, or don't want to buy from us, that is fine. We have no problem with that. If you desire to do business with us, we really appreciate your business, and will try to treat you the way we would want to be treated. We will not be lured into an argument on this forum about ownership, or any other matter. We appreciate not resorting to derogatory statements about our ownership, or anything else. If you have a problem with our products or our service, please call us, and we will resolve the issue. We are not resorting to any kind of negative statements about any of you. Again, if you want to do business with us, that is wonderful. If you don't, there are other vendors you can choose from. Thank You! BTW, If some people would spend more time practicing and trying to learn their instrument, they wouldn't have time to stir up gossip on this forum. I, personally, will sometimes go years without posting on this forum, because there are some people that want to do nothing but argue. I have better things to do with my time. Now, if you will excuse me, customers are waiting on me. I have a store to run.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2017 4:22 am    

Very well said Bob, I like your style and would like to visit the store next time I'm in Nashville. Tell Tyler hello, I got aquianted with Tyler thru the Branson steel show. haven't seen him in a while, but a great player and a very friendly young man. Larry Baker

Jim Hoke

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2017 6:37 pm    

Steel Guitar Nashville is everything it ever was, except for Bobbe's totally offensive jokes Sad Bob Hempker, Tyler and Michelle all keep the place hummin' and it's still THE place to drop in, sit down and play some fabulous used or new steel guitars, talk shop, meet interesting folks, wheel and deal.... they'll treat you right.

Dustin Rigsby

Parts Unknown, Ohio
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2017 8:57 pm    

I actually miss Bobbe's offensive jokes... Laughing Laughing .....and his tall tales !

Jim Hoke

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2017 7:46 am    

Me too Dustin, that was my point. One time Bobbe hired me to write some horn parts for his last album (can't remember the name) and put a horn section together. I hired a fabulous young trumpet player who was new in town and eager to please. This guy was also extremely religious and clean-cut. So we're hanging out at the session, making introductions and what-not and Bobbe tells this really vile joke - I mean pretty bad - the kind that gets a groan with the laugh, and I cherish the memory of the look on this trumpet players' face when Bobbe told the punch line.

Fish

Post  Posted 5 Feb 2017 6:26 am    

Count me in as another person who had a great experience with Bob and this fine establishment. Bob helped me retro-fit an iSeries SKB case to fit my Zum, and I couldn't be happier with the results. I'll be back soon.

Larry Cohen

Oshkosh, WI, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2017 11:48 am     service that goes beyond the norm...

Was at Steel Guitars Nashville for a couple days this past spring and again on my way to Fl this past fall. The welcome, personal service and attention I received each time from Michelle, Bob and Tyler went way beyond the norm of what one would expect. Taking into account my physical limitations (weak right leg in particular) Tyler went way out of his way to spend time with me and my 2 Emmons - to help me get the changes I was having a hard time achieving -- especially RKR. Can't say enough about these folks. They are awesome.

Tyler Hall

Mt. Juliet, TN
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 11:25 am    

You're very welcome, Larry. I'm just glad we could get you fixed up! I enjoy the challange. Smile

How's the RKR working for you? I'm hoping to have your new guitar in soon...