The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Zoom HD16
Larry Whaley

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2017 9:57 am    

Anyone ever try to use the Zoom HD16 recorder?
I've had it for 3 years, keep taking it out of the closet to try to figure out how it works without the PC and can't figure it out yet.
If anyone has step-by-step directions (for this dummy)I sure would appreciate it.
I need to know how to record, and then how to find the recording once done.
Thanks.

ajm

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2017 10:53 am    

It sounds like you want to use it as a stand alone recorder, and not as a DAW controller surface.

Did you try Googling this device and/or going to the Zoom web site? They have the manual there (among other things).

I briefly glanced at the manual, so I don't know how well it is written. I have used a couple of their stand alone drum machines, and their manuals are pretty good.

Larry Whaley

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2017 4:09 pm     Zoom

I have a manual but it's way too confusing. Thanks for your reply.

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2017 4:49 am    

Larry,I think that I have one of these,I'll check it's in my basement,I used it years ago and liked it,Then I got really sick,Stroke kidney failure,I'm much better now and have been closing in on recording again so I'll get back to you with details! Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 6:50 am    

Larry,Sorry for the long delay,I just brought up my HD-16 from storage downstairs and set it up,There is still a song that I recorded in there in 2010 using the internal drums and many tracks and everything sounds great and it should be fairly easy for me to figure out how to get around plus I have the manual,So I should be able to get you started with recording...sorry once again for the long delay! Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Peter den Hartogh

Cape Town, South Africa
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 11:24 am    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11j-0FpTHD0