The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Trip to Honolulu
Joe Kaufman

Lewiston, Idaho
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2017 9:26 am    

I will be taking a trip to Honolulu with my family that last week of February and a few days into March. I would love to take in some good Hawaiian music while we are there. Preferably steel guitar or slack key, it I would welcome any suggestions from you guys out there! Thanks!

John Limbach

Billings, Montana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2017 9:03 pm    

Check to see if Bobby Ingano is still playing with his trio on Tuesday's at Dot's Diner north near Ft. Schafter. He starts at 5:pm or earlier if the spirit moves him. A crowd of only locals in a family run '50's diner. No tourists, at least when I was there. You may be strangers when you come through the door, but they will make you feel like family by the time you get to your table. I recommend the Sizzling Hamburger Steak.

Absolute pain in the butt to get there through traffic from Waikki, think the 405 Freeway in LA at rush hour , or anytime actually come to think of it, but perservere. You will NOT be disappointed! A great artist and real gentleman. You can tell these guys are playing because they like it. A wonderful experience.

If you can find out where Jeff Au Hoy is playing don't miss him. I'm sure someone will fill us in.

Joe Kaufman

Lewiston, Idaho
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2017 9:45 pm    

I haven't had any luck figuring out where Jeff might be playing that week. I am starting to really look forewarn to this trip!

Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2017 11:53 pm    

Hawaiian Steel Guitar Association
2434 Waioma'o Road
Honolulu, Hawaii USA 96816-3424

hsga@hsga.org