The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc - Feb 12th - season kickoff
Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2017 8:52 am    

Hello everyone!

Hope each and every one of you had a great Christmas and fun New Year's Eve. Guess what's just around the corner?

That's right! The 2017 season of the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association, and YOU'RE invited! We meet each month on the second Sunday for our "jam". The meeting is at the American Legion in Converse (Post 593) and runs from 2:00 till 5:00. There is no admission and all steel players are encouraged to bring their instruments and join the jam. We'll have our backup band all warmed up and ready to go. Also, the Legion has tasty burgers and beverages for sale. So, mark your calendars and join us for the kickoff of the 2017 San Antonio Steel Guitar Association season on Sunday, Feb 12th.

Ben Price
San Antonio Steel Guitar Association
www.facebook.com/satxsga

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2017 5:18 am     Sasga Kick-off

Yes, Ben it's coming up pretty dog gone fast. What a great year last year was with all the steel players: Randy Boyd, Roger Edgington , Stephen Cowell, Joe Long, Bill McCumbers, Dean Vallery, Jimmy Allen, Mike Ester, Ron Sodes, and all "Featured" and other steel players, we have enjoyed having the opportunity to jam with each one. I do want to say, thanks to all the band players, and the sit in's who helped out. All and all 2017 is fixing to fire up and from my point of view, LETS PLAY.

Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2017 11:41 am    

Let's get back on that horse and ride!

Mark Moseley

Brady,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2017 6:45 pm     San Antone ah ha

Looking forward to getting back with some good friends and good music.

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2017 9:55 pm     Let's Play

Well just three days left to hear those beautiful steels, picking those strings and bending them pedals. Cannot wait to see everybody. Joe Rouse will be the Emcee for the day, which everyone just loves, and also thanks Joe for doing this with us. Let's all come, whether you might have thought about it, maybe even toyed with it. You will have fun. Great players, great folks, and just a dog gone good time.

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2017 7:04 am     Jam Session

We're going to have lots of good music and good fun. It's always a good time for me when I can emcee for the day. Roger Edgington and Bill McCumber are a lot of fun to talk to over the mike...come out and meet fellow players and maybe some new players....jr

Colm Chomicky

Kansas, (Prairie Village)
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2017 5:40 am    

I will try to stop by to say hi at 2 pm. I am playing over in St. Helwig @ Big T Roadhouse (owned by Dale Watson) late afternoon, so need to get over there. A little show case with several bands, part of the annual Ameripolitan Music Award events. Driving down from Kansas City. I'm just a three chord weekend warrior getting by playing with bands and trying not to make too many mistakes when I can.

Roger Edgington

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2017 8:54 am    

I'm looking forward to it.

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2017 9:02 pm     Its played

Okay folks, we can say the kick off of the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association is as Red Stiegal says, "saucered and blowed." With the help of Bill McCumbers, Roger Edgington, Mark Mosely, and William Harrison on steel guitars, we had a fantastic evening of good ole country and swing music. We also want to recognize the band doing an exceptional job, especially backing up Mrs. Harrison and her husband, William, on the steel guitar. To top it all off, the evening was hosted by our very own Emcee, Joe Rouse. Just as a reminder, we will NOT play in March because the Texas Steel Guitar Jamboree will be held on the same weekend. So this gives you plenty of time to practice and tune up for April. Ya'll come back now!