The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bruce Zumsteg
Dale Hampton

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2017 3:17 pm    

Well it was a cold crappy day here in Missouri today and I spent the day messing around in my shop and playing my guitar.I got to going through my CD's. It had been a while since I had listened to Bruce's CD and I had forgotten how good it really is. We all know what a fine steel guitar builder that he is, but he is a great player also. I know that there are new people every day that come to this forum. Some may not know about his CD and his book. Here are a couple of forum links for any one that don't know about his work. Dale

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=295179&highlight=bruce

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=209647&sid=7ee80c00885861af6b9a5258a844ef0f

Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2017 5:38 pm    

I agree! Bruce is not only a great builder and player, but also a great guy! You should add his CD and his book to your collection!

Billy Easton

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2017 3:05 am    

I used to live in KC and first met Bruce in January of 74. He was one of the "elite" KC area steel pickers back then. I was at the old Club 95 one night when he was filling in and he picked great.

He was good enough to pursue a career as a "top tier" musician if he wanted to.

I picked at a KC jam with Bruce about 4 years ago and he was in the audience at the Heart of America steel club jam, that I picked at, in Harrisonville two years ago.