The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wiring schematic for an MSA Classic D10
Zeke Cory

Hinsdale, New York USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2017 7:55 am    

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for an MSA Classic D-10? I am re-doing one for a friend and need to eliminate & bypass the broken out tone controls on the rear panel if possible. Any advice here will be most appreciated. Best Regards and thanks.

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2017 8:11 am    

Tie all the grounds together including the output jack and then put the hot wire from one pickup to one side of a DPDT switch, the other side goes to the other pickup and the center goes to the hot side of the output jack. There are times that you cannot bridge the outsides of the DPDT switch and must use opposite "catty" corners.

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2017 7:32 pm    

I have never rewired or worked on my MSA D10 electronics. But on my MSA S10 I added a brass plate to some existing screws underneath the steel,
right behind the volume and tone controls. Added a toggle switch with 3 terminals. The center terminal went to the output jack. One outside terminal is hooked straight to the pickup, And the other outside terminal is hooked to the wire coming from the volume-tone controls. I could just reach under the guitar and switch it for the situation. Good Luck on this project.