The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking for Fessenden D-10 Emmons setup 8 x 5 Have trades +
Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2017 10:34 am    

Hi all:
In the process of buying to try, I now own 6 pedal steel guitars. Too many!!
My 1st buy was a Fessy SD-10 3 X 5, which after the purchase of 5 more guitars is the one that fits me the best and is so comfortable and easy to play, stays in tune, sounds great, no string breakage, solid.
I would like to find a good ready to go, ready to use, no fix it or repair daily Fessenden D-10.
I have for trade and possibly some cash the following:
A new Hudson Royal Bengal SD-8 3 x 4 pull release Emmons setup. This guitar is built very well, extremely solid stance, stays in tune, it is mint with case, never been out of the house.
Next I have a wonderful Sho-Bud Pro III Emmons setup 8 x 4 and ready to go I bought her from tony Prior. No surprises here, this guitar has an amazing fantastic sound. this has never been out of my house. Includes case. I love this guitar, I am just a tad small behind it.
Next is a Justice S-10 Pro 3 X 4 bought new in 2015 I bought last year. It has the optional clamp on arm pad. It is all white and was professionally converted from Day setup to Emmons setup. Perfect condition with case. It is light and has a solid stance. It looks so good in real life, much better than in photos. I bought it to use for easy transport but I haven't a need for it as I rarely play out except at church where I have my Fessy SD-10 setup full time.
Next I have a wonderful Remington D-10 8 X 5 with the cab drop compensators. It plays wonderfully and solid with case. It has 2 minor issues which does not affect playing. 1st the original owner who had this custom built for him by Herb Remington and Bobby Bowman decided for some odd reason to slather some varnish? or clearcoat? on the deck which needs to come back off. Second a handle had been installed on one end of the case for the guitar and two small bolts holding the handle on were not protected enough inside to avoid putting two minor scratches in the right endplate. I have been buffing them out carefully but it needs to be finished and polished. I don't think the original player played this guitar hardly at all.
there you have it. I will supply pictures as needed so there are no surprises, I can supply the history as far as I know, I will pay Bob his % based on my trade values.
All I ask is that a potential trader do the same to Bob for his trade value. I will pay to ship my guitars if you pay to ship yours. I can trade plus some cash if needed. Yes, being on S.S. I always manage to be toy rich and a tad cash poor. I usually must sell toys to buy toys.
Anybody out there willing to do some trading plus a little cash perhaps??
I will answer as quickly as possible, Happy New Year everyone.
Smile Smile Smile
Dick
P.S. I would look at another D-10 brand if I could be convinced it plays as nicely as a Fessy and is a trade up from a Fessy. And I would trade more than one guitar in for another.

Last edited by Dick Chapple Sr on 13 Jan 2017 4:06 pm; edited 12 times in total

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2017 8:47 pm     trades

Wow with all the swapping, buying, trading around amongst all the steel playing family over the years I thought I might get some offers. Lots of lookers though.
TTT Sad Sad Sad

Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2017 6:20 am    

P.M sent

p.w

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2017 3:07 pm     Wow!!

Well my Justice and Remington are traded.
I have my Fessenden D-10.
My Sho-Bud may be spoken for, should know soon, and my Hudson is still available.
Smile Smile Smile