INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The octopus joke
Glenn Demichele

(20mi N of) Chicago Illinois, USA
Post Posted 2 Jan 2017 4:15 pm     Reply with quote

In another recent humor thread, I was picking on banjos (yuk yuk), but I want to give bagpipes equal time:

This guy walks into a bar with an octopus and announces that he'll bet anyone $50 that octopus can play any instrument presented to him. A trumpet player takes him up on the bet, and the octopus plays like Miles. A steel player presents him a steel, and after changing the pedals to Emmons setup where they should be, the octopus plays "A Way to Survive" just like Emmons, and also uses all 8 pedals at the same time - amazing. (my version of the joke for this audience).

The next day, the guy comes into the bar with the octopus again, and this time a bagpiper presents him with his set of bagpipes. The octopus fumbles with them, turning them over this way and that, and no sound comes out. The bagpiper says "see, he can't play them, you owe me $50". The octopus' owner says "give him another minute, as soon as he figures out he can't make love to them, he'll play them".
Franklin D10 8&4, NV400, Carvin BX500 or Peavey MiniMax to BW1501 neo speaker in open back. Twin, Goodrich/Moyo/Dunlop pedals, homemade buffer/overdrive, GT-001 effects, and an elephant graveyard of empty speaker cabinets in my garage.
Scott Duckworth

Etowah, TN Western Foothills of the Smokies
Post Posted 3 Jan 2017 4:07 am     Reply with quote

Laughing

Amateur Radio Operator NA4IT (Extra)
http://www.qsl.net/na4it

I may, in fact, be nuts. However, I am screwed onto the right bolt... Jesus!