The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Look Best Sounding Resphonic Guitar I Ever Owned
Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 8:56 am    

Hello I finely got in my opinion myself a resphonic guitar.That has that sound it should. I have or now own just about every major brand resophonic guitar out there if you don't belive me call my insurance co.Anyway about 5 months ago I called jimmie Hudson about building me a console reso guitar.Anyway some of you might ask why a console. I have medical problems cant stand to play cant play sitting down cant bend over to play.Cant have a strap over shoulder with any pressure on it.Any way he said Will if you can wait a few months ill build you one.I am in the process of developing a new sound chamber for them. Well I got my new reso console on 12-30-16 And WOW what a sound this has great sustain great volume. This thing sounds better then anything I own.It has that Ozark-BlueRidge MT.Vibe. That SWAMPY DELTA BLUES JUKE JOINT ATTITUDE. And when you plug it into a amp OMG WHAT A SWEET SOUND YOU DONT NEED ANY EFFECTS THAT RESO SOUND IS THERE. AND its light weight and it stays put when playing it. I know there are going to be some NAYSAYERS who think you have to have high dollor name brand Reso for it to be any good. Well not so I own or have owned some of the best and this reso of jimmies blows them out of the water. That's my OPINION. Thanks Jimmie for a GREAT RESO CONSOLE PICTURE WILL FOLLOW YOU GUY CHECK IT OUT ITS A GREAT RESO,

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 9:03 am     Re: Look Best Sounding Resphonic Guitar I Ever Owned

Will Brown wrote:
Hello I finely got in my opinion myself a resphonic guitar.That has that sound it should. I have or now own just about every major brand resophonic guitar out there if you don't belive me call my insurance co.Anyway about 5 months ago I called jimmie Hudson about building me a console reso guitar.Anyway some of you might ask why a console. I have medical problems cant stand to play cant play sitting down cant bend over to play.Cant have a strap over shoulder with any pressure on it.Any way he said Will if you can wait a few months ill build you one.I am in the process of developing a new sound chamber for them. Well I got my new reso console on 12-30-16 And WOW what a sound this has great sustain great volume. This thing sounds better then anything I own.It has that Ozark-BlueRidge MT.Vibe. That SWAMPY DELTA BLUES JUKE JOINT ATTITUDE. And when you plug it into a amp OMG WHAT A SWEET SOUND YOU DONT NEED ANY EFFECTS THAT RESO SOUND IS THERE. AND its light weight and it stays put when playing it. I know there are going to be some NAYSAYERS who think you have to have high dollor name brand Reso for it to be any good. Well not so I own or have owned some of the best and this reso of jimmies blows them out of the water. That's my OPINION. Thanks Jimmie for a GREAT RESO CONSOLE PICTURE WILL FOLLOW YOU GUY CHECK IT OUT ITS A GREAT RESO,

Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 10:41 am    

Looks beautiful. How is it amplified?

David M Brown

California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 10:49 am    

That's amazing - like the offspring of a console steel and a dobro.

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 10:58 am     best sounding reso

Mark I really don't know jimmie said he had a pickup that he is putting in these new models. but through the amp it sounds like a real acoustic reso great sound. but it has fantastic sustain volume tone with out being pluged in I found what I have been looking for for years. maybe jimmie will chime in on the pickup. guys I don't work for jimmie I don't get discounts from him I am a customer like you. and this reso is the real deal with this new sound chamber he developed it sounds great pluged in or not you don't need any effects to make it sound like a reso its got it thanks

John Sluszny

Brussels, Belgium
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 11:01 am    

Very nice ! Weight ? How much ? Sound clip ? Thanks.

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 11:04 am     best sounding dobro

Thanks David this reso is the best sounding reso pluged in or not. and has the tone sustain volume second to none. this new sound chamber jimmie came up with is it. you don't need effects etc sounds better then any I owen and you name it I own it this blows the others away better get one cant beat it

Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 11:37 am    

Will, as a basis for comparison and so we know where you are coming from, can you post the brands of the other resonators you have owned?

If you were on an auto forum and you were raving about the new car you bought as being the best ever and it blows away all the other cars you have owned but you don't mention what they are, then for all we know you could be talking about a BMW, or you might be talking about a Pinto.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 11:55 am     Amp

Mark van Allen wrote:

The pickup fastens to the bottom of the cone with the cone screw.
The pickup is a in house pickup form Hudson steel guitars. Only available in the guitars I build and sell.
Thanks,
Jimmie

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 12:14 pm     best sounding reso

Mark I am not here to bash any brand of guitar. all I am saying is I own and have owned some of the best in the 4000.00-5000.00 price range guitars some in 1000.00 to 1500.00 range and at this point this is the best sounding one of all in my opinion ok. I don't work for jimmie, nor do I get discounts from him I pay full price just like you do or any other person does. so if you like a certain make of guitar that's fine that's your opinion ok. I am not going to make this into a bashing thread like you like to do on occasions ok all I am saying is this man built me a fantastic reso that didn't cost a arm and leg to own ok. and it can hold its own againt any of them ok. if you want more info contact jimmie ok that's all I am going to post on this subject have a good day.

Roy Thomson

Wolfville, Nova Scotia,Canada
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 12:45 pm    

That is a fine looking Reso Bill/Jimmie...I could sit behind that and play all night long. Very Happy Love the concept and perhaps some Bluegrass Band will pick up on this??
Probably turn a few heads!!
Happy New Year Bill and Jimmie.

RT

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 12:56 pm     best sounding reso

Thanks Roy I Really like it jimmie does good work. you been ok you still up north or are you south for the winter you take care ok

Roy Thomson

Wolfville, Nova Scotia,Canada
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 1:02 pm    

Bill, I am in Florida Feb,Mar and April this year. I will still be able to monitor the Forum. Thanks and we will stay in touch.
Roy

David M Brown

California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 2:12 pm     Re: best sounding dobro

Will Brown wrote:
Thanks David this reso is the best sounding reso pluged in or not. and has the tone sustain volume second to none.t

Somehow it looks "right". Besides, there's no real reason for a Dobro to be guitar-shaped in terms of functionality.

Webb Kline

Bloomsburg, PA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 2:37 pm    

Very cool idea. So, immediately my brain goes to, "If this works well, then why not try building a double 8 string A6/E13 reso like this?" I've dreamed about Paul Beard and the Hipshot folks making an 8 string version of the dual tuning bridge for some time, but this here, if it sounds as good as you say, would be very cool.

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 3:50 pm     best sounding reso

Webb it does sound good its a dream to play. and David your right it dosent have to look like a guitar as we know to be functional because it is. thanks guys for the comments

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 6:48 pm     8 string

Webb Kline wrote:
Very cool idea. So, immediately my brain goes to, "If this works well, then why not try building a double 8 string A6/E13 reso like this?" I've dreamed about Paul Beard and the Hipshot folks making an 8 string version of the dual tuning bridge for some time, but this here, if it sounds as good as you say, would be very cool.

Whatever you want I can build. Just send me your specs and I will let you know how much and how long it will take to do.
The hipshot 8 string would be no problem to do.
Thanks
Jimmie

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 7:04 pm     Hi Roy

Roy Thomson wrote:
Bill, I am in Florida Feb,Mar and April this year. I will still be able to monitor the Forum. Thanks and we will stay in touch.
Roy

Hi Roy, If you are coming back through NC on your way home we are having a steel guitar jam April 29th here in Albemarle NC about 1 mile from my shop.
If it works out that you are coming through let me know and I will send you the directions to the location.
Have a great vacation.
Jimmie

Michael Douchette

Gallatin, TN (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 8:30 pm    

Looks kinda like a Ped-a-bro without the Ped-a. Good looking guitar!

http://www.steelharp.com
http://www.thesessionplayers.com/douchette.html

(other things you can ask about here)
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/Steelharp/

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 8:45 pm     pedals

Michael Douchette wrote:
Looks kinda like a Ped-a-bro without the Ped-a. Good looking guitar!

I also do one with pedals and knee levers.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2017 7:13 pm     ttt

ttt

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2017 7:58 pm     pickup

Mark van Allen wrote:

I will be marketing the pickup in about 60 days.
I have had many request for the pickup.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 7:31 pm     ttt

ttt

Brian McGaughey

Orcas Island, WA USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2017 6:11 am    

I'd love to hear a sound clip of just the amplified signal from the pick up.

It's exciting to find the tone that you've been looking for.

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 2:14 pm     sound clip

Brian I don't know how to put a sound clip on here. but when jimmie releases the pickups for sale he will thanks it sounds so great thanks