The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ruth ........Wife of Steel Guitarist Howard White
Danny Hammers

Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2017 2:50 pm    

It is with great sadness to find out that our dear friend Ruth White wife of well-known steel guitarist Howard White passed last Friday, Dec. 30. We love to stop by for a visit and bring her oranges from our tree. We will miss this great lady. Our Prayers for Kathleen and the family.

Ruth Carolyn Bland White, 87, of Gallatin, TN, passed away December 30, 2016. Preceded in death by her parents, Mary Ruth Jackson Bland & Thomas Allen Bland of Nashville, TN, and husband, Howard O. White, Jr of Charlotte, NC. Survived by her son, Robert C. Kirkham, Jr & daughter, Kathleen E. White. Ruth graduated from East Nashville High School in 1947. She spent her entire life involved in the music business in many ways and is remembered as the historian and more importantly, the Musician's Friend. As per her wishes, no services will be held, but any remembrance to your local animal shelter would be a comfort to mom. PHILLIPS-ROBINSON FUNERAL HOME, www.phillipsrobinson.com, 615-262-3312
Published in Tennessean from Dec. 31, 2016 to Jan. 2, 2017 - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tennessean/obituary.aspx?n=ruth-white&pid=183261705#sthash.EfpJ88hE.dpuf
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2017 2:07 pm    

Danny,
If I recall correctly, I believe she was a published author. Do you know anything about that?
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com

Danny Hammers

Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2017 6:51 pm    

Your right Donna, she's done more than I can even remember. So I just call Billy Robinson who lives across the road from Ruth and Howard and he is going to post on here Sunday about Ruth.

Thanks for asking, she was such a sweet lady.
Danny and Patricia
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA

Michael Breid

Eureka Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 5:40 am    

I got a copy of Howard White's book, and Miss Ruth and I kept in touch for awhile. I got a letter from her a few years ago asking me to call her Ruth and not Mrs. White. She said she felt as if she knew me although we only met through letters. She was a nice lady, and I'm sorry to hear she passed. I was glad I got to know her and Howard. May she rest in peace.