The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  George Edwards passed away
Sherie Edwards

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2016 1:57 pm    

My dad, George Edwards, passed away yesterday afternoon after a brief illness. He loved playing steel guitar almost as much as he loved his family, and his steel guitar friends all over the world were a big part of his life. I can close my eyes and see him in Heaven, sitting in on one heck of a jam session with his friends, smiling as he plays. The visitation and service will be held Tuesday, January 3, with visitation from 11-1 and the service from 1-2 at Hendersonville Memorial Gardens. Thank you to his friends who were so good to call him and check in on him since his stroke 16 years ago.

Chris Templeton

The Green Mountain State
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2016 4:43 pm    

Sherie, my best to you during this mourning period.

Tim Sergent

Hendersonville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2017 1:44 pm    

Sherie,
Your dad was one of my favorite people in the world. Wish I would've visited more often. I have several voicemails saved on my phone from him. He usually just wanted me to come over and have coffee. I'll sure miss him.

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2017 2:37 pm    

Sherie, my condolences on the loss of your dad. I met George back around 1982 when he played with Kitty Wells here in western Mass. After the show I got to talk "steel guitar" with him for quite a while backstage. He was very friendly and patient with this young, inquisitive steel guitarist! That memory has stayed with me to this day.