The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Biab 2017
Joe Wheeler

Marion Louisiana Union
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2016 12:53 am    

Anyone tried the 2017 yet . Any feedback. http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

Alan Murphy

N Ireland
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2016 1:36 pm     Biab 2017

Hi Joe,

I am tempted to purchase the UltraPlusPak at $169 my last version was a while ago in 2010.

I can't see that we get much extra for the Everything pak, just some tutorial videos, but only $20 more.

The XTRA Styles pak 1 and 2 are optional extras.

At 100G download it will take me at least 3 hours or more depending on PG

Have you purchased yet ?

alan..

Joe Wheeler

Marion Louisiana Union
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2016 2:33 pm    

No I haven't ordered yet but I probably will. I only use the country and bluegrass most of the time and I have 2011 so I don't know what I'll gain. I am hoping for some feedback before I order. Thanks

Alan Murphy

N Ireland
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 2:54 pm     biab 2017 downloading

I am currently downloading at about 4MB/sec although I have about 60MB/sec speed

I have downloaded the first four .exe programs and installed them, and then went into the download manager of BIAB2017 to download the rest (mostly realtracks) about 87Gbytes and needs 177Gbytes to allow it to download.

Realband is still a seperate program. I had thought it was now integrated into BIAB

The user interfaces look much improved from 2010, over the next few days I will post how I find it, I will be using it with a 2 channel Focusrite ASIO audio input

Looks like many hours to complete the download !

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 3:34 pm    

I purchased and downloaded the new version yesterday. I have a 100 MB cable download but it still took about an hour or so to download (I was able to download more than one file at a time using the Windows 10 Edge browser).

I had 2014 version.

I use a BIAB file occasionally in my recording studio DAW (Sonar Platinum).

Jim Smerk

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2017 1:45 pm    

Back in March 2016 I was one of the lucky ones to have won the Everything Pak from PG Music. For well over a decade I had been an every other year updater (and before Real Tracks every year), until 2012. Then $$ got tight and I had not updated since, so winning the 2016 version was an eye opener of major proportions. Ton's of new styles & easier ways to use them, Midi Super Tracks that were usable, etc. I write Rock & Country mainly, so BiaB has always been a great source of lead & filler instruments.

I then had the luck of winning the XtraPak1 Songwriting contest in the Country Category, which has allowed me to fund the update to 2017 with all the extra's (except the Audiophile Version, which a friend has & I would love to grab because it DOES sound much better) and I can say that the GUI improvements & the new Country Drums are worth the update alone.

The huge draw back to ANY update for years has been the drums & bass had not been updated, the Rhythm Section stayed in one place while all the other instruments moved on with improvements....hopefully that will change for the next few releases.

IMHO, if you use BiaB for your songwriting / backing tracks and have not updated in a few years, it IS worth it. There is more in this new version than just more Real Tracks.

Side note one, Real Band is a combination of Power Tracks and Band In A Box. I don't see how they could combined them into a single program anymore than they already are? Confused

Side note two, here is the Xtra Styles Contest song I won with......enjoy! Cool

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=52887&Number=367810#Post367810

Sorry for the book....... Embarassed

Joe Wheeler

Marion Louisiana Union
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 2:38 am     Jim Smerk , your song sounded great.

Jim Smerk , you did a great job . I just received my usb drive but I haven't tried it yet . Lot of company over the holidays . I'll probably update my laptop before loading it in .

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2017 9:08 am    

I have my copy coming. Very Happy

Jim Smerk

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2017 11:01 am    

Thanks Joe, I have a habit of "running off at the fingers" sometimes! Laughing Cool

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2017 7:15 pm    

Got my copy coming also!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger