The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Does anybody know anyone who does Universal 12 string tab?
Johnny Baker

Southport, Fla
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2016 7:22 am    

Whoa! Hey and Merry Christmas to all of you and your. I purchases a Sierra Universal 12 String, from a forum member about 2 years ago and love it. I am however, running into a problem finding any tabs for this type of set up. I would appreciate any information as to where I can locate what I am after. The more idiot proof it can be, the better.

Thanks,

Johnny

Niels Andrews

Salinas, California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2016 7:07 am     Tab

Conventional E9 tab or C6 tab should work just fine. Get online and get a few lessons from many of the great online teachers and you will discover you have all the tab you need. Instruction is the best place for your money right now. Skype is the way to go!

John Bresler

Thornton, Colorado
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2016 9:14 am    

Niels:

Johnny is correct in stating that you can play any E9th or C6th tab available. Both tunings are found on the one neck only with a B6th instead of C6th.

You might want to pick up the Jeff Newman "Universal" steel guitar course but it will only help you with the 6th side of the steel. I know of no "One Tuning" course.

Just p[lay the E9th on the top 10 strings and the 6th stuff on the bottom 10. I believe that's how the Sierra steel guitar company even stated it in one of their brochures.

Cool Cool

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2016 2:06 pm    

Jeff had/has a course The Universal E9/B6 Course. It is still list on his website. Not sure when you'll able to get anything from there.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2016 2:16 pm    

As the DVD I have of Jeff. On the B6, if you look at the low string. Put the Knee Lever in and think the chord with the pedals down on E9th, back up two frets. Like G w/Pedal down on the 10th fret, go back to 8th fret on the B6th will be the G. Read C6th tab, if it shows playing the 5th fret just go back to the 3rd fret will be the same. Only down to the 4th string. Hope this makes some sense. It's from a DVD where he just give the tuning and the basics. There is no book or tabs.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

John Bresler

Thornton, Colorado
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2016 6:27 pm    

Here's the link to purchase the Newman Universal course.

http://jeffran.com/courses.php?content=AudioCourses

Jeffran music is back in business per prior posts and I believe the Granddaughter is running the show now. Contact info is on the web page. the course I bought came with a book and either a CD or cassette. You can learn a lot from this course - But anything Jeff did was outstanding!!

Cool Cool