The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Christmas
Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2016 2:12 pm    

The event is Christmas, and it is happening this Sunday, Dec 25th, at my house, your house,
and right here on the forum. I will be at the Community Center, Yucca Valley, CA 2 pm backing up the Christmas Carolers;
and not to be a total hum-bugger, but I really can't stand Jingle Bells! However, Silent Night on the steel guitar is exquisite.

Tom Bovine requested that I post his holiday message; worth reading.

Hello Fellow Musicians,

Happy Holidays to all of you; to those who celebrate by giving, and to those who celebrate by receiving.

I want to thank all of you who have supported me during this past year by downloading my music,
and to let you know that the proceeds from my album sales for 2016 have been donated to
Canine Relief Foundation to provide food and shelter to lost, abandoned and abused canines.
Although I believe in the season of giving, I must say that I truly enjoy receiving thanks
(in the form of tail wags) from some of the rescued dogs I have been able to meet.

I am attaching a special Greeting in the form of a photo of my dog Longpaw Bovine (adopted from Canine Relief).
It is my wish for all of you in the coming year, that whatever your aspirations, gravity is not the boss after all;
reach for the sky just as Longpaw has learned to do.

Wisdom from the saddle,
Tom Bovine

[img]

[/img]