The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Jeffran Music is still in business
Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2017 3:39 pm    

Greg, it could be the time frame, is the problem. Fran may have done something with the money and order that has it in a legal status. Not sure only guessing. I had two copies of the F lever, gave one to my brother in Mass. I'll check with him, if he's done with it I'll send it. Then I know a person who also has a copy, that he's looking to sell, not sure of the price. Let's keep Melissa in the loop first. Thanks.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Greg Thompson

Taumarunui, New Zealand
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2017 4:20 pm     Jeffran Music is still in business

Yes Jim I wondered that too.

I have sent email messages since Oct. Rung several times leaving a phone number, and have even posted a letter to Frans address. So Melissa is well informed. I would hope she does make contact in time, would be nice, otherwise I am $198.00 in the hole.

Just thought I would ask the forum community for the F lever book,(thus leaving Melissa alone). To date someone kindly sent me a copy of the DVDs, so I haven't completely lost faith in human nature, the contrary in fact.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2017 5:04 pm    

Greg, it is a fairly good sized booklet. It is larger then the others, with much more info. The DVD is really good, and has a wealth of information on it. Jeff done such a great job on most all of his courses. It was sure a great loss to the steel guitar family. I became friends with him in about 1985, talked quit often, Fran was a real trip. She could sure stand her own.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Greg Thompson

Taumarunui, New Zealand
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2017 6:01 pm    

Agreed. Jeff's instruction is/was second to none. He had a gift. Fran sure was onto it too, except towards the end. I remember talking to her in late August, it was not the same person, she must have been suffering at that stage as i could not understand a word she said, hence I sent the letter. Had a chat to Rick Kornacker as well, they can't do much either.
For your info I had ordered Minor Chord Connection as well as the F lever course to complete my set.
Yes a great loss indeed.
Will await developments.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2017 1:27 pm    

Greg, I do have both.

Greg Thompson

Taumarunui, New Zealand
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2017 1:40 pm    

Some people are lucky. Don't know how long to give Ms Greer? Was going to get Jeff's Together Again as well from her. Was being the important word here. Oh well I'll have to settle for working on Jeff's Look at Us in the meantime - GregT

PS: I see you have an Encore on order. You won't be disappointed. I got the Prototype with solid endplates - she's a beauty with tone to the bone.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2017 11:27 am    

Greg, I hadn't looked at the F lever book and DVD, for a while, so last night I put it in. It is a wealth of info, and the book is 53 pages. It is very in depth. Look under items for sale here. There is a gentleman that has the f lever for sale. Not sure if he sold it or not, be worth checking.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2017 11:32 am    

Yes, I have the Encore on order. I've owned two StageOnes, and they have been great. The Discovery is also very great. I have really got excited with the U-12. It is just so interesting of a tuning and what is there. I just wished I wasn't aging so fast, and not being able to devote the time to them. I just play in the bedroom, have never played steel out at all.

Melissa Greer

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2017 4:37 pm     Jeffran Music is still very much in business

Hello all,
This is Melissa, Jeff and Frans Granddaughter, the business is back up and running as it was before Frans passing. I apologize for the rough transition as I was 7 months pregnant when she passed and ended up hospitalized myself several weeks afterwards. After a couple surgeries and an early arrival of Jeff and Frans great granddaughter, we have finally gotten things back into action. I do not live in the office as Fran did, please if you cannot reach me by calling the office line, feel free to call me at 615-879-4911, this is my personal cell phone and I always have this phone on me. If I miss your call on that number, I will promptly call you back rather than waiting for me to get back into the office to teicive messages left in the office line. Also, we had several issues with the email address Fran was using and could not receive all messages sent to the business, I have set up an email that comes straight to my phone also so I will be able to get to you very quickly! This is jeffranmusic@gmail.com. I apologize for any miscommunications or lack of response in the last 2 months since Frans passing as this has been quite a transition for everyone. God Bless and thank you all for your continued support!
Melissa Newman Greer
615-879-4911
Jeffranmusic@gmail.com

Will Houston

Tempe, Az
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2017 5:13 pm    

Thank you Melissa.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2017 9:22 am    

This was great for you to do. Having talked to you myself, I felt things would work out. Anytime there is a death in a family it causes issues. Trying to get order back isn't easy. I feel you have done a great job, and thank you for taking on the business of your Grand Parents. I know so many will be happy on this forum. Congratulations on your new baby, wish you the best.

Jim Reynolds

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2017 7:27 am    

Wow, Melissa, you've been busy ...

This is super news!