The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Jeffran Music is still in business
Craig Bailey

Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 6:41 pm    

I wanted to let everyone know that Melissa, Jeff and Fran's granddaughter has taken over the business and is running it. You can call Melissa and still order all that great Jeff Newman material. I just spoke with her today.

Blessings,

Craig

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 6:58 pm    

This is really great. Craig thank you for posting this. Will be sending the items I have of yours this coming week.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 11:16 pm    

Great news! Thanks, Craig.

JAMES BANKS

Mineola,TX USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2016 6:34 pm     Newman lessons and material

I was wondering if Jeff's lessons would still be available. Thanks for the post

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2016 2:16 am    

Thanks, Craig, I know a lot of steelers will be pleased.

Is Melissa's number on the Newman website? Stevet

Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2016 4:21 am    

is there a phone number?

Craig Bailey

Post  Posted 20 Nov 2016 2:25 pm     Jeff Newman Courses

Melissa can be reached at jeffran.com She is using the same email and phone number that Fran used.

Phone: 615-470-5224

Email: fran@jeffran.com

Ask Melissa to tell you the story about how she learned to swim in hotel pools while attending steel guitar convention shows growing up!!!

Craig

Dan Klotz

Houston, Texas
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2016 12:13 am    

Glad to hear that. I have learned a lot from Jeff Newman's materials and will continue to do so.

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2016 9:00 am     Re: Jeff Newman Courses

Craig Bailey wrote:

Ask Melissa to tell you the story about how she learned to swim in hotel pools while attending steel guitar convention shows growing up!!!

Craig

I remember that big ole outside pool at the Chase Park...

Dave Ouvry

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2016 6:04 pm    

I've made numerous calls and left messages trying to purchase material but have received no reply. Has anyone been able to get through or receive a reply to a phone message lately?

Craig Bailey

Post  Posted 1 Dec 2016 9:11 pm    

Yes, Melissa works part time typically in the morning hours around 9am to noon. She only works about three days a week. I have left messages and she calls back within a week timeframe. Keep trying. Its worth it.

Greg Thompson

Taumarunui, New Zealand
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 12:36 pm     Re: Jeffran Music is still in business

Craig Bailey wrote:
I wanted to let everyone know that Melissa, Jeff and Fran's granddaughter has taken over the business and is running it. You can call Melissa and still order all that great Jeff Newman material. I just spoke with her today.

Blessings,

Craig

Hi Craig, you must have done something right to have been lucky enough to contact Melissa. I have an unresolved issue with regard to material ordered and paid for way back in August. In fact i spoke to Fran 10 days before she passed,so am aware of the situation. However,I have left numerous phone messages, sent the same amount of emails and have even written a letter, NOTHING. So if there is anyone out there in Forum land that can tap Melissa on the shoulder to at least reply, It would be most appreciated.

Dave Ouvry

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 12:41 pm    

Craig, Thanks for the reply. I have continued to call and leave messages with no reply. Has anyone besides Craig talked to Melissa and received material from Jeffran?

Butch Pytko

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 12:46 pm    

I also have not received any replies to my numerous phone call messages and one email I sent. I've been trying to get information on an order that Melissa and I talked about during a phone call to her on Nov. 9th. I mailed my order and money order to her on Nov. 14th, and since the last few days in Nov. I've been trying to contact her about the status of that order, with no success. If anyone has any inside information about the situation there, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Greg Thompson

Taumarunui, New Zealand
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 1:01 pm    

Butch Pytko wrote:
I also have not received any replies to my numerous phone call messages and one email I sent. I've been trying to get information on an order that Melissa and I talked about during a phone call to her on Nov. 9th. I mailed my order and money order to her on Nov. 14th, and since the last few days in Nov. I've been trying to contact her about the status of that order, with no success. If anyone has any inside information about the situation there, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Butch, I see you are in a similar predicament. This does not bode well for the wonderful legacy Jeff and Fran established in the Steel World. I can't help wondering if Melissa does not have a handle on what has transpired. We'll see and await developments.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 2:15 pm    

I would have thought that maybe Rick Kornacker and his would have taken things over. I sure hope it doesn't go under.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Butch Pytko

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2016 6:03 pm    

I don't know if things can get any worse than they already are, but I tried several calls from this morning to late afternoon, and kept getting a message--"Sorry, your call can not be completed at this time, please try again". They stopped the voice mail type greeting message that said something like "Please leave a message and we'll get back to you". I can only guess that maybe they were getting too many voice mail messages, so that was stopped. You would think being so close to Christmas, that the phone would be manned to take Christmas gift orders. It's almost like they don't want any business.

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2016 10:16 pm    

Perhaps you should all take a deep breath and let the Newman family come to terms with losing Fran - think of the impact that would have on a family this close to Xmas.

I'm sure they will be in touch when they are ready !
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2016 1:02 am    

I THINK YOUR RIGHT paddy. there SHOULD BE SOME TIME GIVEN THERE. My heart goes out to them all. Some times we tend to be selfish.

Greg Thompson

Taumarunui, New Zealand
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2017 7:53 pm     Jeffran Music is still in business

Okay. Can I please ask if anyone out there has Jeff's F Lever BOOK or a copy thereof, so I can move on please?

Greg Thompson

Taumarunui, New Zealand
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2017 7:54 pm     Jeffran Music is still in business

BUMP

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2017 7:17 am    

Greg, you can get it at Jeffran Music. The Grand Daughter is doing it. It may that a little time, but they still have somethings to work out. She doing her best and will get back to you.

Greg Thompson

Taumarunui, New Zealand
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2017 1:15 pm     Jeffran Music is still in business

Thanks Jim. Sounds like you are in the Know.
I wrote to them in October.

Would have been nice if Melissa had just taken a moment to reply to an email, courtesy and all that. Life goes on eh.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2017 1:38 pm    

Greg, it could also be your location, she may not know how to handle it. Be patient, I'm sure she'll get to it. If not let me know, maybe I can help you.

Greg Thompson

Taumarunui, New Zealand
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2017 1:51 pm     Jeffran Music is still in business

Thanks again Jim.

Yes I figured it has turned into a bigger monster than she realized.

Don't think emails have anything to do with location though.

I am very aware of the circumstances surrounding Frans passing, but repeat, courtesy of a quick email reply would solve a lot of issues.