The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 112 pop
Jack Hargraves

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2016 1:07 pm    

I have a Nashville 112, which I like very much, but lately, when I'm playing, it will make a popping noise, just one, then it will work fine again for a long time before it does it again. Anybody have an idea what could cause this?

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2016 1:43 pm    

Hard to diagnose.
However, some areas to look at. The "IN" (Return) jack on the Pre EQ Patch and Post EQ Patch have an extra "normal through" contact that can be intermittent. Same with the Power Amp In jack.

Other possibilities, assuming its not something external to the amp, a dirty pot, the two internal Molex connectors in the power supply section.

As it only does it "one time" makes it that much harder to troubleshoot. You would have to do one thing and then wait to see if it happens again. If it never happens again then the first thing you did fixed the problem. If it still does it, go to the second thing, etc.

There are other areas/possibilities, but they are best left to an amp tech.

Clyde Mattocks

Kinston, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2016 6:54 pm    

Are you playing thru any effects ahead of the amp? I have a NV112 and I was running thru a Lexicon Alex. I never changed the settings on the Alex and I would occasionally get a short burst of static. Rotating the pots stopped it. I did go in the unit and spray the pots with contact cleaner.

Derrick Unger

Newark Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2016 7:38 pm     Pops

I have a Nashville 400 that pops about 3 or 4 times loud the first 30 seconds it is turned on and then quits and doesn't do it any more...frankly I just live with it...there are a lot of reports of them doing it but I've never heard any one say that the amp quits or dies on you. And I have heard about patching the preamp somehow.
Music is good for the soul..playing it is even better! Gretsch6strLapSteel*PeaveyNashville400*HudsonSD-10*DigitechRP360*FenderChampion100*PeaveyKB300*Goodrich120*Behringerx1204*BehringerMini4*Mullen S10"Discovery"*Peavey Vegas400*Princeton112plus*SuperChampX2*SidekickReverb65*Rumble100*MarshallMG50DFX*Nashville112

Jack Hargraves

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2016 8:00 am    

Thanks to you all for the input. I'll check out the suggestions. As I said, it only does it once in a while. I am going through a Peavey Deltafex before the amp.

Donnie Stephens

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 12:44 pm     Peavey Nashville 400.

Hi Fellows.I seen your discussion.So here goes.My amp was near dead.Plug it in.OK.Plug in my steel.Sounded like a war.So I put it away and started using my Fender Steel King.A friend of mine came over.He told me he could repair my amp for 15 bucks.He came back a couple of days later.He cleaned the [\pots and Jack inputs with a great cleaner.This amp now sounds great.So ill be a pickin with it.I will tell u the name of it in a PM,I dont know if I can post it here or not!

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2017 6:55 am     Peavey Funk Out-

Our factory techicians began using Cramiln DeOxit R5 when repair Peavey amplifiers that we began selling it ourselves under Peavey Funk Out. I recommend that every musician have a can of this on hand.

Funk Out can be purchased under item number 00456600 either from your local authorized Peavey dealer or through our factory parts department.

Well worth the money.

Donnie Stephens

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2017 7:29 am     Peavey Nashville 400

Your right Mike.Thats the best circuit cleaner Ive ever seen.Im sold on it!