The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Speaker question.
Tom Cooper

Orlando, Fl
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2016 6:25 pm    

I have a Peavey Bandit 65 with a Delta Pro 12 Eminence speaker. It is heavy as hell. Too heavy. I also have a Peavey Pacer that has an Eminence Alpha 12a. It is already a super light amp. Speaker is light too. I want to switch speakers in these two amps. Question is the Delta Pro overkill for Pacer? I play non pedal D8 mostly through these amps, but sometimes use for pedal steel. These are my backup amps, have LTD and Session for main amps. Just trying to get less weight in Bandit and more low end/guts out of Pacer. Pacer is more important amp to me. Leaning to putting Delta Pro in it. Will be heavier but it is so light already. Alpha is 150 watts and Delta is like 300 or something. Would it be bad to put Delta in Pacer 100? Seems like it would be ok. Just want some input. Thanks.

John Gould

Houston, TX Now in Cleveland TX
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2016 8:56 pm     Speakers

I don't think there is such a thing as over kill on a speaker especially since you already have the speakers. I've put all kinds on different speakers in my Bandit 65. I like different speakers for guitar verses Steel so depending what I using the amp for is what speaker goes in at the time. As long as the speaker is the right impedance and handles more than the output of the amp your in good shape . Then it gets done to the tone of the speaker itself .

Tom Cooper

Orlando, Fl
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2016 3:29 pm    

Delta Pro sounds huge in Pacer. What a speaker! Now it sounds like an amp. Haven't hooked up the other speaker yet, need to get wire connectors to hook up. They are both under 100$ Craig list amps, but boy does the Pacer sounds good. Now I have small medium and large vintage transistor amps! Pacer,LTD 400 and Session 400. Yeah I know, not exactly collector pieces, but to me they are. Thanks for input. It works really great in the Pace.

Larry Moore

Hampton, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 12:30 pm     Bandit-65

I have a Bandit-65 with a 15" E-130 JBL speaker.
Thats my choice
Larry