The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SAN Antonio Steel Guitar Association - Oct 9th
Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2016 6:02 am    

The last jam of the 2016 season will be held on Sunday, Oct 9th at the American Legion in Converse. All steel players are welcome regardless of your skill level. We ask that you be setup and ready to go for the 2:00 start time. The Legion has tasty burgers and beverages for your dining pleasure.

We will be presenting a check to Judith of the Warrior and Family Support Center at Fort Sam Houston. Also, we will be presenting the autographed Fender guitar to the lucky winner.

It's going to be a great afternoon and it's all thanks to people like YOU!

Hope to see you there.
Ben Price
SAN Antonio Steel Guitar Association

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2016 6:50 am     sasga

Yes, Ben, really looking forward to the second Sunday of October (10-9-16), not only to be with the great bunch of steel players that come, but also to be one of the members of the band. I thank all of you! Remember, this is the Sunday the autographed George Strait Guitar is given to its new owner and the check is given away to the Warriors and Family Support Center. What a great year this has been! Let's all come and support such an outstanding event, with music, food, and just dog gone wonderful folks. See ya Sunday.

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2016 7:16 am    

Today is the day!!! (Sunday, Oct 9th)

Come on out to the American Legion, Post 593 in Converse, TX to join us for the presentation of a check to the Warrior and Family Support Center at Fort Sam Houston, as well as the presentation of the Fender guitar, autographed by George Strait (and other artists) to the lucky raffle ticket winner.

There will be food and fun for everyone. All steel players are invited, regardless of your skill level. Be setup and ready to go for our 2 pm start.

Hope to see you there.

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2016 7:40 pm    

What a fantastic day!!!

We donated $7,000 to the Warrior and Family Support Center at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio.

We gave away a Fender guitar autographed by a number of artists including George Strait.

We played some tunes, drank some beer, ate some burgers, and had a great time!

What a way to finish off the 2016 season.

Go to our facebook page for pictures: www.facebook.com/satxsga

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2016 8:28 pm     sasga

Yes, what a good ending to a 2016 year. Not only did we finish the year with good music, we also did it with the help of the LORD! Many thanks first to Ben, Mark and all the players, who came countless times threw out the year for this to happen. This, I want to thank everyone. This Sunday was very special to me. I was so comfortable to say the least playing. How to say I let my guard down and just had fun. To those folks who all played, thank you.