The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  I Got Me A New Toy.
Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2016 8:02 pm    

I have recently been playing at a couple of venues, where space had been an issue. With five pieces and their gear, especially with a drummer it can be quite cramp. So I went on line to Guitar Center and started, looking at used amps, and I came across Nashville 400 that, was in excellent condition. They had it marked as Mk L Dlx. I pulled the photo up and found it was Nashville 400.

I bought the amp from store, located in Dayton, Oh. last Wednesday. I picked it up at the store in Baton Rouge, La. I learned that the amp has been modified with one of the tone mods.

The last couple of days I have played with it around the house to see, how good it sounded with the mods in
it. I tried it with just the reverb on the amp, no other effects, and I was BLOWN AWAY!

I used the amp on the gig tonight and my bandmates were in awe of how good the amp sounded, It really sounded clean. The highs were not thin and tinny sounding. I mean the tone was EVEN all across the neck. Jim Lindsey assisted me with the amp settings, that he has on one of his Nashville's, that he got from Gary Hogue.

It is refreshing to play steel and not have to worry about adding extra effects to help with the sound.

Tommy Shown
SMFTBL
Steel Man From The Bayou Land

Don Hinkle

Springfield Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2016 5:36 pm    

Nv400 are awesome!
Fender guitars
Fender amps

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2016 9:55 am     A message from Steve Black

Yea, there is a Nashville 400 here in Columbus Ohio guitar center on Morse Rd, nice amp, it is for sale, but I found a yamaha amp I like, if I had not found it the Nashville 400 would have been my second choice.

Roger Francis

kokomo,Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2016 8:21 am    

I found a nash 400 in a pawn shop where i live, the tolex is in purdy good shape except for a couple small tears on the bottom edge, its very dirty and needs TLC but i can pick it up for $200, im thinking it would be woth it, from what i can tell by the ser no. Its an 89 yr!

John Sluszny

Brussels, Belgium
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2016 9:25 am     Re: A message from Steve Black

Steven Black wrote:
I found a yamaha amp I like.

Just curious,which one ???