The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Buck Reid E9/C6 Seminar - November 5, 2016 - PSGA show
John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2016 8:16 am    

The Pedal Steel Guitar Association will be holding its annual show on November 5-6, 2016 in Norwalk, CT. On Saturday, Nov. 5, Buck Reid will be teaching an E9/C6 class at the Piedmont Club, 152 Hecker Ave, Darien, CT 06820. Please sign up early so that we can be assured of the requisite numbers to hold the class and to assure that you will be able to get a seat. Here is the ad for the class:

Steel Guitar E9/C6 workshop with Buck Reid
Country and Jazz Steel guitarist with Lyle Lovett’s Large Band

The PSGA is fortunate enough to not only be able to bring back Buck Reid to perform at its show on November 6, 2016, but to host Buck Reid’s class on playing both E9 and C6 pedal steel guitar. In his instructional class, Buck will be providing attendees his approaches to understanding the layout and theory of playing both necks and learning where the “pockets” are when mapping out parts to a song. Buck will present his methodology for practicing and taking your playing to the next level.
Buck will be providing his 2-part class on Saturday, November 5th. This class will not involve students bringing and playing their steel guitars in class, but will be provided as an active lecture by Buck engaging in dialog with attendees. The class commences at 10 a.m. sharp and will begin with the E9 neck. After a lunch break, the class will reconvene at 1:30 p.m. for the second session covering the C6 neck.
Students are encouraged to bring audio recording devices and a notebook, so that they may refer back in their practicing at home to what they learned during the class. No video recording will be permitted of the class.
The price for the entire 2-part, 4 hour class is $50. The PSGA will need a commitment from a minimum of 15 individuals in order to provide this class, so please sign up early and as soon as possible. To register, please contact Buck directly by email at buckreid@comcast.net. Buck will accept payment through PayPal. Personal checks are acceptable but please act quickly if you choose this method.

Last edited by John Brabant on 30 Sep 2016 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2016 8:19 am    

What great news! Buck is one of the very best anywhere. Don't miss this opportunity to pick his brain!

I'm delighted he will be part of this year's show too.

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2016 8:26 am    

Ahhhh...., and not only Buck, but the very humble and wonderful (person and player) Jim Cohen will also be performing at the PSGA show. Click on the link to view the flyer containing show details:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2558151#2558151

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2016 3:14 am    

For the first time in years I can't make the Sunday show. I will be attending Bucks class on Saturday and hopefully Buck can get some knowledge through my thick old scull. I'm looking forward to this class.

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2016 6:40 am    

I think all that will be attending will be hoping for the same result Ben. See you there.

Buck Reid

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2016 12:35 pm    

Ben Lawson... sent you a PM. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you in a month or so!

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2016 7:00 am    

Updated information here....

Sign up now for this rare opportunity to learn and have your questions answered by Buck.

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2562163#2562163

Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2016 1:28 am    

I think it would be a great idea if these seminars would get professionally recorded and sold as DVD's.

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2016 5:18 am    

My hope as well.