The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sierra S-10 for sale
Claire Winter

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2016 10:29 am    

This gorgeous Sierra served me well but became too heavy for this post-back-surgery-69-year-old gal to lug around. Very smooth action, precise tuning, very stable in all respects. It is in very good condition, with just a few nicks on the pedal bar (the scars of playing live). Folding leg mechanisms all work well.

It has the 3-raise/2-lower changer and is currently set up in a Jimmy Day/John Hughey copedent. I bought $900 worth of spare parts (tuning rods, nylon bushings, knee lever, etc. adds up quickly!) to set this up from the standard Emmons tuning to the Day/Hughey. I can re-configure this guitar to your copedent, it will take me most of an afternoon.

I'm asking $1400 for this guitar plus another $100 to configure to your copedent if you want. I paid $2400 for it in 1970's dollars, so considering its condition and precision I feel this is a very good price. The case is in good shape and I will include all the extra Sierra tuning parts with the guitar (worth several hundred dollars right there) plus the original owner's manual as shown. If you want to add pedals, Jim Palenscar in San Diego is a good source: lots of Sierras were built so parts can be had.

Buyer will pay shipping/insurance, probably UPS; I will box it up in a tough cardboard external package to protect the case.

Patrick Ickes

Upper Lake, CA USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2016 11:32 am     Sent Message

Sent you a PM through forum.
Patrick

Patrick Ickes

Upper Lake, CA USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2016 8:23 pm    

Replied to PM. Thanks Claire.
Patrick

Claire Winter

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2016 12:32 pm     Sierra S-10 Sold

This beautiful guitar and a treasure of spare parts sold and shipped today. Thanks for your interest, everyone!