The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RIP Craig Baker
William Kendrick

Bedford Heights, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2016 4:07 pm    

I am very saddened to hear this. Craig and I spoke many times over the phone. I am proud to own 2 of his "Little Izzys." Rest in Peace, my friend.
1979 Emmons D-10 P/P 8X5, Lawrence L-710 Pickups, Li'l Izzy, Telonics Volume Pedal, Goodrich Super Sustain Matchbox, Lexicon MX200 Dual Reverb Effects Processor, Peavey Vegas 400 Amplifier with BW Speaker.

Godfrey Arthur

3rd Rock
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2016 12:09 pm    

Godspeed and condolences to Craig's family and friends.

Brad Malone

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2016 6:36 pm     RIP Craig Baker

So sorry to hear of Craig's passing. I bought the Issy Plus years ago and when everybody on the forum raved about it I thought there must be something wrong with mine so I sent it back to Craig and he replaced the output capacitor and also a resistor and sent it back to me at no charge...well when I plugged it into my Mullen D-10 I was so surprised of how great it made my steel sound, in fact it and the VP are the only things I use between the Steel and my Peavey Nashville 1000 amp. Craig even gave me a call and we talked about the time he lived in Hatfield, Pa and about the time his car broke down in Chalfont, Pa where I live...I never met him but we talked on the phone for about an hour..what a great guy..it is odd because today I just replaced the 9 Volt battery in my Issy plus..the battries last 6000 hours according to Craig's spec sheet. I am so, so sorry to hear this very sad news..my best to all his family

Jack Ritter

Enid, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2016 9:08 am    

What a loss. He was always such a fine gentleman and a pleasure to know him. My condolences to the family. Jack Ritter

Roger Dillingham

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2016 1:57 pm     Passing of Mr. Craig Baker

I would like to also acknowledge my sorrow for the passing of Mr. Craig Baker. Although I never had a chance to meet him personally, I did get to communicate with him a few times by e-mail and thru the forum as well. Also, this past May Mr. Baker phoned me one night at a time when I thought he would have already been in bed asleep; around 10:30 PM I think, his time. He just wanted to call me and thank me for the things that I had posted on the forum concerning his "Li'l Izzy" and my mention of what a fine person I felt he was. TO ALL FRIENDS AND FAMILY, I am deeply saddened by the passing of this fine gentlemen and fellow steel guitar advocate. After our short conversation on the phone that night I felt I had been chatting with someone I had known for years! His warm and friendly personality was a quality that few have; and I was very much looking forward to meeting him at some future steel guitar convention or seminars. Now, unfortunately I will only get to meet him in heaven one day and my prayer is that I may live my life is such a way as to guarantee that this will happen for me. I have no doubts that Mr. Craig is already there! I will always remember fondly that phone call late one night and his cheerful voice which announced "Roger! Craig Baker here from the Little Izzy factory warehouse and showroom down here in Georgia"! May God comfort his family and friends at their tremendous loss due to his passing! Roger Crying or Very sad Sad

Jesse Pratt

Cartersville, GA.
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2016 5:48 pm    

R.I.P. Our fellow steel guitarist.

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2016 6:21 am    

Oh no😢 Just saw this and so sad. Craig Would call me and we would chat and have a few laughs. What a nice fellow with a keen sense of humor. RIP.....

J.C. Norris

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2017 7:42 pm     Craig Baker

Very sad to hear this. Never met Craig but purchased my ' LIl IZZY' about a year ago. There was a delay on shipping it because of something, can;t remember. But He called me twice to touch base with me before it shipped. What a loss to the steel guitar communtiy, but a wonderful gentlemen also. My 'IZZY' is the best money I've spent on equipment. RIP my friend. J.c. Norris

David Cubbedge

Toledo,Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2017 8:31 am    

I'm late to hearing this news, but saddened! After I bought a Lil Izzy two years ago, we had several phone calls - he would call to check up on me and see if I was satisfied. Extremely nice and thoughtful man, RIP Craig....they probably need buffers in heaven too!
Red Emmons D10 fatback #2246D with sweet Hugh Briley split cases, Black Emmons S10 #1466S, '73 Fender "Snakeskin" Twin Reverb, Peavey Nashville 400, Line 6 Pod XT, Fender 400, Fender Stringmaster Double-8, too many guitars, one bass!

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2017 1:25 pm    

Mr. Baker was a great guy to do business with. His passing surely was a surprise to. The Lil Izzy is a great product. Sadly, with his passing it looks like Lil Izzy will be gone too.

Scott Duckworth

Etowah, TN Western Foothills of the Smokies
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2017 3:06 am    

You always miss family that passes. And then there are friend you miss as much as family. For me, Craig is one of them.

I may, in fact, be nuts. However, I am screwed onto the right bolt... Jesus!

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2017 7:34 pm    

I just saw this!Terrible news!

I didn't know Craig face to face,but I admired him...

Anybody who builds stuff for the steel guitar and does business straight up
is to be admired,cause there ain't no money in it...

I got the nicest e-mail from him one time,he said he heard me on the"Midnite
Jamboree"and really enjoyed it...he really made me feel good about what I had
played on the show...he didn't have to do that.

Rest easy,my friend.

Steve
Brand X