The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  GaSGA Fall Show - Conyers, GA
Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 11:52 am    

Ditto,...AWSOME SHOW !!! Great music and fellowship and seeing old friends. Missed Eddy; hope you get well soon. And how great it was to see Larry Sasser: one of my favs !! Thanks to GaSGA staff; they always do such a bang-up job. And the Red Light Jam was so much fun to watch; you guys did good too!! I think it was a 4-way tie !?!? LOL

Jeffery Self

Spring City,Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2016 5:21 pm     Conyers GA steel show

Awesome show indeed! For those who missed it, you missed a good one for sure. Everyone there did a jam up job. From being greeted by Miss moderator to all of the band and all the players themselves. It was certainly a fine mix of young talent and not so young talent Razz Meeting the likes of Billy Easton and hearing the young Jonathan Cullifer, and seeing Ben Lawson, Bill F. and Tommy Dodd whom played some steel shows in the 90's with my late father. Yes I'll have to agree, it was quite a pleasure seeing and chatting with Larry Sasser, such a genuinely nice guy! Every one of these gentlemen playing did a fabulous job and everything about it was top shelf. Highly recommended for any Steel enthusiast. There was certainly plenty of steel to go around! For those of you who enjoyed the voice of the late Rob Parker, Mr. Wendell Gurley is right up there on that list! I had never heard of Mr. Jimmy Hodge until this show, but one thing for sure he's got that fast kinda Seymour sound, but I hear he get's lotsa practice on them cruise ships. Mr. Green Bill Ferguson and the WHOLE GaSGA deserve a big round of applause on their efforts of promoting a true STEEL GUITAR VENUE. Thanks again GaSGA, you truly promote a fine show. We'll be back again for sure.

Take care,
The Self's

Remembering Larry Self (1936-2014)

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2016 1:52 pm    

A sampling of our infamous Red Light Jam November 13, 2016 L-R: Bob Strickland (guitar), Jonathan Cullifer, John Swain, Jimmy Hodge, Johnny Basler (drums) & Tommy Dodd. Thanks to Kathy Griggs for shooting this video for us. NOTE: The requirements for this song was that NO ONE used anything but 3 floor pedals NO KNEE LEVERS, although I did see Jimmy cheat just a little. hehe Well for some reason, the video and audio did not line up all the way through the video. Sorry.

https://www.facebook.com/Georgia-Steel-Guitar-Association-GaSGA-166235363427874/?fref=ts
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.