The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bobbe Seymour 's push pull being sold on Ebay
Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2016 7:42 am    

These stories were pretty interesting there for a while.
Now back to the guitar. What guitar?
Certainly would have been entertaining to meet Bobbe.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2016 7:44 am    

If you kept your hand on your billfold! Whoa!

Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2016 7:51 am    

Never trust a man who spells Bob that way, then changes the pronunciation to Bayou, for effect.

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2016 9:03 am    

Maybe so. But the thing is. It doesn't matter if Jimmie Crawford or Buddy Emmons himself assemble it brand new. The guitar has been highly modified. And potential buyers need to know this. Which they will, if they happen to read this thread. And I haven't seen anyone, besides Damir and Nashville's full of knowledgeable Emmons players. Step up and say how great it sounded. Or that it sounded any better than any non-modified Emmons from that era.

If any Forum member tried to sell a guitar with these mods. They would likely be hung out to dry.

Bobbe glued the guitar's two cabinet top decks together down the center, therefore he could not get the cabinet to fit tightly in the endplates.

He did the cabinet gluing thing with a fake Wraparound with necks he had Brian Adams make for him.

Like Mr, Lucker or not. The man knows Emmons guitars.

Never played the guitar. It may make the Blade sound like a bush ax. But it's still a chopper.

Since this thread should be about the instrument. I'll not share any Bobbe Seymour stories good or bad.

Best of luck to the buyer. I hope it is indeed a tone monster.

b.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2016 9:52 am    

I may have personal experience with this guitar if it's the one that had red pinstripe tape on it at one time.

Bobbe and I played a benefit in Tyler TX for the family of Bobby Garrett, after BG passed away. Other player/friends of Garrett's like Bobby Bowman and Jody Sanders were there as well.

Bowman, Bobbe and I all played PP guitars at that show. Though Bobbe played great and the guitar sounded good, I found the pedal action on his guitar that day to be uncomfortably stiff, with very short pedal action for a PP.

If this guitar isn't the one that had the pinstripe tape, then I'm talking out of school and ignore my comments.

For that matter, I played Brown Bart and also found that guitar very difficult to play, though Buddy admitted that he hadn't sat behind that horn for months.[/quote]

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2016 10:29 am    

In the guitars defense. In the right hands. Most any guitar can be made to play good if not great.

As for Buddy Emmons. He didn't seem to worry much about how great his guitars played. He referred to one of his as playing like a log truck drives. Laughing

b.

Eddy Dunlap

Nashville, Tn
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2016 1:13 pm    

Wow, interesting thread. I must say that obviously alot of different people have had some differences experiences with the late Mr. Seymour. Some memories are good, some probably aren't so good. Me personally, I've been treated fair and square and considered Bobbe a friend. He had a unique sense of humor and I enjoyed getting to hang or talk to him. I think if Bobbe liked a person he was very cool and generous, but if he was disgruntled or not very happy he'd be pretty callous. But all of that aside, I feel the same thing as my friend Steve Hinson, I miss the guy and wish he still were around. As for the push pull, I live around the corner from the store for the past 6 years and have sat at that guitar a few times as well as other push pulls that have been through the store. That's honestly one of the best push pulls from a tone/sound standpoint and it played like an all pull as far as the action. The only other two guitars that I've personally sat behind that were in that upper echelon was the 1964 wrap-around that was given to Neil Flanz and Wally Moyers' Sr.'s 1967/68 Push Pull. No matter how customized, modified, or tinkered with Bobbe's push pull that is for sale is a great guitar and I would buy it in a heartbeat if I didn't have everything I have. I don't think this ax deserves all of the negativity it's getting in this thread.

Mike DiAlesandro

Kent, Ohio
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2021 3:49 pm    

Been over 5 years - where did Bobbe's favorite guitar end up?

Jim Pitman

Waterbury Ctr. VT 05677 USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2021 4:24 am    

I wonder where the "Bob Meadows" Bigsby double 10 I sold Bobby wound up. I gave him a real good price and he said come into the shop and pick out any guitar you like to sweeten the deal for me. hmmm...whish I got that in writing.

Ivan Posa

Hamilton, New Zealand
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2021 2:06 pm    

Sooner have an Emmons ReSound 65 for that money.