Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Gulfport Deep South Steel Guitar Show
Lem Smith

Long Beach, MS
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2016 4:47 am    

Jack Harper wrote:
hey lem....
be on the side of the road and I will gladly pick you up....
hey bill,
I'm a comin' with bells on....
happy birthday to all y'all....

country jack....

I'll have my thumb out, with thumb pick on, so you'll know it's me! lol Looking forward to seeing you again, Jack. It's been too long.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2016 2:14 pm     Gulfport Steel Show

Good deal, Lem. Be good to see you too. Do you have any special time you would like to be on the program? Let me know. My email is SChiefsan@aol.com Phone no. is 228 832 6454 Keep your thumb pick hot....

Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2016 6:01 pm    

Mr Bill hope you keeping my table clean for this ole man.. Gonna do my best to be there ..Hope the wife keeps improving may God Bless.. TOMMY

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 2:46 am     Gulfport Steel Show

Tommy, table will be ready. Just keep me informed if you van make it for sure.

Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 1:28 pm    

Mr. Bill always puts on a good show, class act. I am hoping to be able to attend this one. If we are not playing, I would love to bring our group down, with my wife singing some good ole Connie Smith music and play a set. Maybe get my friend Buck Grantham could join us. It will be good to see my friends RJ Buras and Billy Carr and all the rest of the pickers at the show. It does not get any better anywhere. Good folks, good fellowship, good music. Maybe Billy Carr will show me a few things!!!

Gray Toney

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 4:00 pm     Gulfport

I'm brand new to the Steel Guitar Forum. I haven't played pedal steel for over 25 years, but I just bought a Carter Starter to try to relearn. Will there be any educational workshops at the Gulport show?

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 6:10 pm     Gulfport Steel Show

Danny, send me email- SChiefsan@aol.com or call me at 228-832-6454. Love to have you and group. Let me know.
Gary, we do not have a lesson phase. Joe Wright will be here and he has the best instruction material with CDs and videos etc. You can visit with him and all of us to get lots of material. Love to see you here.

Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2016 4:42 pm    

Bill everything still lookin up hope to see you in a few weeks thanks Tommy

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2016 7:37 pm     Excel's are coming

I promised myself that this year there was not going to be anything or anyone to keep me from being in Gulport, MS November 4th and 5th. So Bill, I know the room is ready,,,gonna try to get there early enough to catch everyone on Friday evening, and to be there when the first note is picked on Saturday, and stay for the last one, too. Some boys I play with from Slidell are supposed to be on stage with me on Sat. One of them played for the late Merle Haggard for close to 14 years, Eddie Curtis, and his son, Daniel is a fine guitar player and singer will be with me along with drummer Jamie Shaw. Band would not be complete without the one and only Roy Rosetta on the piano. Some great classic country music is what we'll focus on. See ya there.....I'm excited Bill!
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2016 3:32 pm    

Roy Rosetta wrote:
Bill...hope Betty is doing better she's in mine and Barbara's prayers.
Barbara and I are ready to come to Gulfport and it will be special for us, we'll be celebrating Barbara's birthday on Saturday November 5, at the show.
...Roy and Barbara

Can't wait to see Roy and Barbara! Looking forward to being there!

Jeffery Self

Spring City,Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2016 5:49 pm    

Roy Rosetta wrote:
Bill...hope Betty is doing better she's in mine and Barbara's prayers.
Barbara and I are ready to come to Gulfport and it will be special for us, we'll be celebrating Barbara's birthday on Saturday November 5, at the show.
...Roy and Barbara

I sure hope Miss Barbara has a most wonderful Birthday!
She will sure be with some fine company. Mr. Green

Remembering Larry Self (1936-2014)

John King

ZEPHYRHILLS FL
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2016 7:33 am     Almost Here

Bill
This is going to be a great show I can hardly wait until next week to hear all the talent you have lined up.
John

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2016 5:20 pm     Gulfport Steel Show

John, we all will get to hear you and that is what this is all about. Glad to announce that Tugboat Jerry will be here with us to help County Jack Harper keep us all straight. I just posted the days schedules earlier. (I goofed up with the upside down one until I figured out how to turn it right side up. Bob, you can delete the upside down one please. Sorry for that).

John King

ZEPHYRHILLS FL
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2016 5:36 pm    

Bill
Jackie and I are looking forward to seeing Tugboat. I've had the pleasure of working with him here in Florida. He's a great entertainer and true gentleman.
John

Wendell Gurley

CARROLLTON, GEORGIA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2016 10:34 am    

Looking forward to being at one of my favorite steel guitar shows-- and Mr. Bill Stafford knows how to put one on!! Friday ain't gonna be enough, gotta make it a two day event.... and I'm planning on not missing a bit of it! Can't wait to see some folks I've not seen in much too long!! Very Happy Very Happy

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2016 12:17 pm     Gulfport Steel Show

So glad to have Wendell Gurley with us. Makes our show almost complete. Wendell is one of the three vocalists that are favorites of mine at the steel guitar shows. Rob Parker has departed our world and Ray Harrison will be absent this time. Wendell will get a good work out now.... And without artists like Country Jack Harper, Tugboat Jerry, Wendell Gurley, steel guitar players would not have many paying jobs so we want to show our appreciation and express thanks to them when recognizing them on our stage. Thanks to all. See you all soon.

John King

ZEPHYRHILLS FL
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2016 3:20 pm    

Bill
What a wonderful event. I can't thank you enough for letting me having a part in the Show. So many great players and GREAT BACK UP band.Can't wait until next year! I want to thank Bill Ferguson for use of great sounding TELONICS amp.
Thanks Again
John

Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2016 7:12 pm    

Many thanks to Mr Bill and all those with the Gulfport show as always had a blast got to meet new friends and bunches of great friends enjoyed it emensly again
Thanks from myself and BMI for allowing us to be a part of this great show.....TOMMY

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2016 8:39 pm    

Tommy Young wrote:
Many thanks to Mr Bill and all those with the Gulfport show as always had a blast got to meet new friends and bunches of great friends enjoyed it emensly again
Thanks from myself and BMI for allowing us to be a part of this great show.....TOMMY

Tommy

Always great to see you at any show! Keep on making great products!

Charley

Leon Champion

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2016 4:28 pm     show

Great show. Thanks Mr Bill for the table. Had a great time. Looking forward to next year.

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2016 7:34 pm    

thank you bill Stafford for such a great venue for this show and for all those that participated. the back-up band was super, as always. roy rosetta, most especially. add gene breeden, smilin' mac' and tiny and it is top rung.
again a great show and everybody azdded so much to the mix. i'll be there next year, so leave a light on for me....

country jack....

Wendell Gurley

CARROLLTON, GEORGIA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2016 5:11 pm    

Thank you Bill Stafford for putting on another super show and allowing me to be a part of it--had so much fun and simply amazed by the talent you had on that stage, absolutely top of the line! Made many new friends and got to visit with lots of old friends. You went out of your way to make everything perfect--one of the best shows I've attended. Look forward to seeing you again soon!