The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rhode Island Steel Guitar Assoc. Quarterly Meeting
Josephine Vierra

Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2016 12:58 pm    

Rhode Island Steel Guitar Assoc. Quarterly Jam Session, Pot Luck Lunch and Meeting - Sunday August 28, 2016 - 12 Noon - Doors Open at 11:30 a.m.
Place: Tiverton VFW, 134 Shove Street, Tiverton, RI.
Plans will be finalized for the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Show on Saturday October 15 at the Tiverton VFW.

Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2016 5:32 pm    

Minor change in meeting time.

Jim Davis needs us to clear out by 4:00 so the doors will be open early and we can start at 11:00. But that's still a lot of pickin'.

See y'all there!

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2016 4:29 am     A Fun Filled Day

Also that same VFW this Sunday 8/28 will feature entertainment from 6-10pm with "Crossfire" The band has RISGA members Roger Trahan on steel and Elaine Ellis on bass.

Jim Rice

Post  Posted 27 Aug 2016 4:10 am    

If you've signed up to play at the RISGA Annual Steel Guitar show on October 15, and you have your charts please bring them. If you haven't signed up yet - what are you waiting for? Contact me and I'l put you on the list.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2016 6:15 am    

Hi Jim, I wouldn`t panic about players. October 15th is a long way off. Usually I`m guilty of procastinating. In the end we wil have had a lot of fun at the meeting tommorow and the show October 15th. ANOTHER NEGATIVE, Jim Davis, (the Wheeler & Dealer) will be attending a funeral in Baltimore, and Elaine Ellis is training bus drivers in Omaha, Nebraska. Both will return shortly. See you tommorow.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2016 7:38 am    

bump
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Last edited by Sam White on 3 Sep 2016 4:50 pm; edited 4 times in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2016 7:38 am    

Hey you guys have a great time at the Steel Jam.Hope you get a better crowd than the one in Fall River for the Steel Show.I"m Glad RISGA is back where it belongs in R.I..
Sam & Anna White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Matt Gillooly

Seekonk, MA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2016 7:51 am    

I had a fun time at the jam session, and look forward to the show in October. Great meeting you all!

Jim Rice

Post  Posted 30 Aug 2016 4:00 am    

Glad you were able to come Matt, it was a blast. Our attempt at "Fool Such as I" was a little rough, but Roger's instruction was really helpful. This one's on the jam list for next meeting for sure!

Great discussion of vertical versus horizontal playing. I will dig up Manny's article on it and include it in the next Newsletter.

And Roger - calling tunes in F# - really? I guess it's all on the fretboard somewhere...

Full steam ahead on the RISGA Annual Steel Show October 15. Still have a few slots open. Any out-of-towners going to be in the area?

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2016 4:53 am    

RISGA meetings are so much fun. Jim Rice, You were well prepared with agenda, posters,flyers, tickets, etc. Matt, It was nice meeting a Pawtucket, R.I. newbie at the jam. Your using the smart phone for charts implies that you are smart. Ben Lawson from Hillsborough, N.J., Why don`t you make the trip to R.I. and play in our annual show on October 15th. This invitation extends to any of PSGA members of the Norwalk area like John and Darlene DeMaille.

Jim Rice

Post  Posted 1 Sep 2016 3:21 am    

John and Darlene are planning on playing this show. Maybe they can convince their "neighbor", Cindy Cashdollar to tag along.

October is a beautiful time in New England. All you steel players should get up here and enjoy the leaf peeping and our RISGA Steel Show October 15. Bring your steel or borrow one from a club member to play our show.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2016 3:38 am     Newport Mansions

In addition to the leaf peeping, the Newport mansions are a popular tourist attraction just a few miles from RISGA`s steel show on Oct. 15.

John De Maille

On a Mountain in Upstate Halcottsville, N.Y.
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2016 12:35 pm    

" We don't need no leaf peepin". We need string picken'

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2016 1:50 pm    

The Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association has been running for 20 years the 25TH of this month and still going stronger now.I'm glad to see them doing better now.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2016 6:45 am    

Hey you guys and Girls take good care of the N.E.S.G.A. President Vinny Doyal when he comes to your R.I.S.G.A. Show. Anna and I wish we were able to be there as it is always great to be with all our friends.You never know what is going to happen. We are going to move back to Rhode Island as soon as they have a opening in the Coventry housing for the Elderly. We are tired of the moving we are getting to old for this.I will just stick to playing my Dobro and 6 string Lap Steel tuned C-6for now maybe later I can get another Steel Guitar not sure on that depends on how much room we will have.
Sam & Anna white