The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Howard Whittington (Whitt)
Chuck Campbell

Manassas, VA, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2016 1:10 pm    

My friend Howard Whitt Whittington passed away at his home in Oxon Hill Maryland today July 10th ,2016 at 1:35PM. Whitt was a great friend of the steel guitar and was like a father to the late Buddy Charleton. Funeral araingments will be posted later.

Last edited by Chuck Campbell on 11 Aug 2016 5:17 am; edited 2 times in total

Paul E Vendemmia

Olney Maryland Mongomery
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2016 2:54 pm    

Very Sad To hear of Whitt's passing.He was a real friend to me. We made a lot deals with steel guitars. Whitt was also the owner of a couple of Harley Davidson dealer ships. so we also had that in common. we use to go out to eat all the time. I will miss him so much he was just a great guy to know and be friends with. May he rest in peace!

Dave Diehl

Mechanicsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2016 8:46 am    

You're right Chuck. He was tied at the hip to Buddy and he always treated everyone else with respect as well. Had not seen him in quite a while but always enjoyed his conversations. Rest in peace Whitt!

Pat Moore

Virginia USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2016 11:36 am     Whitt

Sure sorry to hear this news. Whitt was a great guy. I just found a Whitt's Harley Davidson shop T shirt the other day and was thinking of him. I hadn't seen him since we ran into each other at a Merle Haggard show back in the mid '90's.
May he and Buddy C. both rest in peace.
Pat

Last edited by Pat Moore on 16 Sep 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jim Thompson

Washington, Pa. USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2016 1:19 pm    

Sorry to hear this Chuck. I remember Whitt when he flew up here to Washington, PA with you to that first steel jam I had back in '03 or '04. Nice guy, I'm sure he will be missed.

Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2016 3:07 pm     RIP Whit!!

Chuck, I am Just now seeing this post... Im really sorry to hear whit has left us . He was always one of my biggest fans and supporters .he put up with a lot of my dumbness in my early days and always showed me compassion in lue of anger.. he was a fine mine and will surely be missed and remembered around my home for as long as im around.I will be sure and pass this news on to my dad... he played a Huge part in my steel guitar career as well as a few life lessons.. RIP WHIT.. I love you .. God speed old friend..
2022 65 Emmons Resound P/P D10