Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2016 6:05 pm    

ANOTHER MODEL ADDED TO THE GROWING TELONICS COMBO AMPLIFIER LINE

The Telonics TCA500 “Black Face 212 Super Twin”
Available with color-coded or full black front panel

Equipped with color-coded front panel:

Equipped with black and white front panel:

The new TCA500B/C 212 Super Twin Combo
- equipped with 2 Telonics 12”, 8 ohm speakers, a Telonics tilt foot/kickstand and a
- -9 VDC power supply for EFX pedals on the rear panel.

The TCA500B212 is a little powerhouse that is right at home (and clean) at 5 watts or 500 watts. While it delivers several times the output power of the old twins, it weighs in at only 39 pounds, which is less than half the weight of the early twins.

Equipped with two Telonics TSNEO-12 (300 watts RMS each) speakers, it can loaf along at 300 watts RMS and handle peaks over 600 watts – so nothing is underpowered. It will, quite literally, take anything you can throw at it, from super clean to pure dirt. It quickly found a home with guitar, fiddle and mandolin players who double on steel.

It has all the features of the new TCA500B/C Combo Amp including the Telonics tilt foot (which a legendary player labeled “the kickstand”, and the term seems to have stuck.).

It is the same height and depth as the TCA500B/C Mini-12 Combo (19” x 11 1/4”), but the width has been increased to twin size to provide for the two speakers.

The new 212 twin model increases the Telonics Combo Amplifier line to a total of five (5) basic models; although several additional variations of various models are also produced.

Relative size comparisons of various related models:

The TCA500B/C-15 Full-size Combo (24 ¼” high-34.2 pounds + EFX unit)
- equipped with a Telonics 15”, 4 ohm speaker and one standard 1U rack space
and shown with Gmaj2 EFX unit and Handy Patch MIDI remote EFX controller.
(Note: the “C” version of this model is provided with an external 4 ohm speaker
interface capability)
(Note: a variation of this model is also produced with two (2) standard 1U rack spaces.)

TCA500B-15 Full Size Combo equipped as above I in use:

TCA500B/C-15 Combo shown below with a blank EFX panel and also with the MX200 EFX unit installed in the 1U rack slot.

The TCA500B/C-12 Full-size Combo (21 ¼” high-33.6.2 pounds + EFX unit)
- equipped with a Telonics 12”, 4 ohm speaker and one standard 1U rack space
-shown with TC Electronics G Major 2 EFX unit and the MC-100 "Handy Patch" remote MIDI controller
(Note: the “C” version of this model can be provided with an external speaker
capability)

The TCA500B/C Mini-15 Combo (22 3/8” high-33.0 pounds)
- equipped with a Telonics 15”, 4 ohm speaker and a -9 VDC power supply for EFX pedals
(Note: the “C” variation of this model is provided with an external 4 ohm speaker

The TCA500B/C Mini-12 Combo (19” high-28.6 pounds)
equipped with either a Telonics 12”, 4 ohm or 8 ohm speaker* and a -9 VDC power supply for EFX pedals
(NOTE: Tthe “C” variation of this model is provided with a dual Speakon/1/4” external speaker jack for use with a matching companion 8 ohm speaker cabinet (or any suitable external speaker).

The matching external speaker and cabinet for the TCA500B/C Mini-12 Combo is 16 5/8” high and weighs 22.8 pounds. Several views with the TCA500B/C Mini-12 Combo model:

Mini-12 and optional companion matching speaker enclosure stacked, front and back views

There is also a TCA500B/C Head-only Unit equipped with one standard 1U rack space and a -9 VDC power supply for EFX pedals. A combination Speakon/1/4” speaker receptacle is provided.
Weight is 12.8 pounds + EFX unit.

TCA500 Head Units equipped with; a optional blank EFX panel, a Lexicon MX200 EFX unit and a T.C. G Major 2 EFX unit

Head unit fitted with a Lexicon MX200 EFX unit shown atop two full-size TSEOB-12 Speaker Enclosures:

Head unit fitted with a Lexicon MX200 EFX unit shown atop a matching extension speaker cabinet for the TCA500B Mini-12 Combo. This makes a very compact, lightweight and very powerful combination; the Head weights 12.8 pounds + EFX unit and the loaded TCA500 Mini-12 Combo extension speaker cabinet shown weighs 22.5 pounds:

>>>There is also the new Telonics TCA500B/C LIGHTWEIGHT FLIGHT/TOURING SYSTEM available for the road musician who simply cannot fly with a normal amplifier. It is now being used in the field and will announced within a month or two.<<<

TCA500 Full Size Combo and a TCA500 Mini-12 Combo shown with optional matching Red Dirt (brand) road cases:

Additional information this, or any Telonics equipment can be obtained by contacting Sophie at sophie@telonics.com or 480 892-4444 ext. 102
between the hours of 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM Mountain Time (no daylight savings time).

Last edited by Dave Beaty on 10 Aug 2016 6:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2016 6:43 am    

Best amp I ever stuck a cord into.

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2016 7:38 am    

What a beautiful assortment, arranged to entice all us lovers of the finer things in life.
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2016 7:58 am    

You folks have been busy, Dave! Wonderful.

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2016 11:44 am    

I have one of the new "Super Twins" and it rocks! I have used it with guitar and it takes pedals very well. It has that fat "sustainy" quality to it. Not thin or "ice-picky" with a Tele. Great warmth and smooth on top.

It makes for a great steel amp too!

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com

John A. Russell

Norfolk, UK
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2016 1:21 pm     Attention to Detail

I spent hundreds of pounds on PSG amplifiers. I know my search would still be ongoing had I not bought one of Dave's combos. Having spoken to Dave face to face and via emails, I am always impressed with his absolute passion for perfection and quality. Telonics is a company that has a service and product second to none.
I would say more, but must get back to my Frank and combo. Haha.
JR
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2016 6:04 am    

I see an aux input on the back. Are there other ways to connect multiple instruments at the same time?

Rick Barnhart

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2016 6:35 am    

I paid a visit to the Telonics room a few years ago and saw a most thoughtful feature on one of Dave's amps. It was a flexible stem led light, plugged into a powered 1/4" jack. Brilliant! 💡

Edit: it looks like the face is illuminated on the new models, but I still like the powered 1/4" plug light idea.

Danny Sneed

Morristown,Az.U.S.A.
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2016 4:43 pm    

That is one fine looking amp! Bet she sound's great! I love my Telonics V.P. It works flawlessly.

Dave Stroud

Texas
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2016 6:36 pm    

Who are some of the big name steel guitarists touring with telonics amps?

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2016 8:10 am    

Dave Stroud wrote:
Who are some of the big name steel guitarists touring with telonics amps?

Gary Carter I know for sure.

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2016 4:06 pm    

Mike Sweeney is playing the Mini 12 I believe, and I think Johnny Cox is using the Combo as well.
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2016 8:02 am    

The blonde ain't bad either! Whoa!

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2016 11:18 pm    

The whole of the Telonics range is superb, be it their pickups, volume pedals and amps. The great thing is that Dave Beaty is a steel player and knows what steel guitar players need. I love my TCA500 combo amp, and players here in the UK are blown away when they hear what it is capable of.

Erv - 'The blonde' is Dave's charming and helpful daughter Sophie, and she is a credit to the company.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2016 6:56 am    

I'm sure she's an asset when it comes to selling amps, it would be hard to tell her no. Very Happy

Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2016 4:49 pm     Where are these amplifiers built?

In answer to questions pertaining to where these amplifiers and other Telonics products are made, and who actually builds them:

They are built here in Mesa, Arizona (in the United States) by the people in this picture. Some of our Telonics “family” members have been with us for 10 years or less, but many have been with us from 20 to 30 years. Others have retired after 30+ years, but still return to do special research and development programs.
If you look closely at the picture, you will see a number of us who are at the Arizona (SWSGA) and Texas (TSGA) shows. We will be providing amplifiers, pedals and other equipment for both these shows again in 2017 and our equipment is often available for use at other shows.

Someone will surely notice the jackets, sweaters and long sleeves on some of our people. This picture was taken just before the January SWSGA Steel Guitar Show in Arizona and the temperature had plunged all the way down into the mid-60’s. So, if you don’t mind our cold winter weather, come out to the SWSGA show this coming January and visit with us - it is being held at the big Hilton hotel in Mesa, Arizona - less than 10 minutes from the Telonics laboratories.

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2016 3:23 am    

The essence of America, you put paychecks in these folks pockets every week. No words to really describe what a contribution you are to society Dave. Telonics great equipment, great people. I use your products every day.

Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2016 10:59 am     Thanks George

Thank you George, It's great to have people understand that top level people deserve a fair wage for themselves and their families. It surely is not easy to provide for our families and loved ones these days.

Earlier today, I saw a post from Dave Diehl where he addressed the people and quality aspects. His comment prompted me to jot down the information below which I believe is also germane to your thoughts.

we really appreciate the people who appreciate, come to understand, and actually use the many (and some of the unusual) features in our equipment.

We find that many people simply don't comprehend what these amps offer in adjustment and tonal characteristics because they have never encountered them in an amplifier before. Although some pros "get it" right away, people tell us over and over again that they actually had to get some "seat time" with their amp before they had that "Ah HA!" moment and couldn't quit playing.
I'm not sure what the actual record is now, but it's up to over 6 1/2 hours from the time they heard their magic until they had to stop playing to get food, water or go to work.
It's fair to say that "there is more than meets the eye" involved in these amps besides being light, powerful and exquisitely clean.

Experienced engineers keep doing experiments and then tell us that our DI sounds as good as one of their $8,000 large diaphragm condenser mic in direct comparison tests and a number of very experienced road sound men say they have stopped micing our cabinets at all. They love having less mics to set up, maintain and worry about.
The icing on that cake is that the player can control his own feed to the board, and he can set it from mic level to other settings including 0 and +4 dBu.
That is a lifesaver when venues have unattended sound boards after the show starts, or when they need to make their own adjustment when a sound man doesn't know how to handle their instrument.
It's equally valuable when they want to interface to all manner of recording equipment with differing input level requirements.

Associated with the DI is the capability to kill the power amp feed while leaving the full preamp and DI active (headphones, STEREO AUX in, etc) so they can hear and adjust their level in the house mix without it being overpowered by their own stage level sound from their speaker.

Just couple of the many features not well understood until one actually uses them.

We continually work to improve our gear.
Our people, from engineers to assemblers to test tech's do their level best, they care, and they never stop caring.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2016 12:27 pm    

Dave

Your company has taken steel player's equipment to a level previously only dreamed of. The amplifiers, be they combos or separates with speaker enclosures, are as good as it gets in available tonal range and signal to noise ratio. Initially I was using a top quality condenser mike in my studio in front of my TCA500. With a little perseverance, I now use the XLR DI out in all of my recording jobs in my studio with results that I find impressive.

Your volume pedals are just incredible, and the power source for them from locking mini sockets from your amps is a stroke of genius.

The Telonics range of pickups simply cover all bases.

Telonics is a name that is synonymous with quality. As a user I love the extraordinary engineering that goes into the whole range of components. The market place for your products is never going to make you a huge fortune, yet you appear to be fully committed to it. The fact that you are a player is a plus for the rest of us and bodes well for the future.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Scott McRee

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2016 6:45 pm     Proud owner

I'm a proud owner of the new super twin telonics amp and I must say it does everything and more as advertised. I compared it with my original 65 deluxe reverb blackface a couple days ago and it blew it out of the water. This amp not only out performs everything, but there are so many intricate features on them that are so well thought out. Thanks Dave and team for all you do. It is much appreciated. Perfect amp right here folks.
Scott

Billy Knowles

Kenansville, N. C. 28349 usa
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2016 6:50 am     Telonics

Love my Telonics amp and so does every one that comes into the shop, it is a GREAT steel amp!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the volume pedal also!! Here is a photo of Dan Layne playing through mine last Saturday, he loved it!!

STEEL GUITAR EAST

Emmons authorized dealer and approved service technician

my web site: http://www.steelguitareast.com

Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2016 1:19 pm     Thanks

Thanks guys, the boys and girls here try their level best, we appreciate you all.

Susan Alcorn

Baltimore, MD, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2016 2:48 pm    

Wow, this looks great! I played through Paddy Long's single 15 Telonics on my New Zealand tour in some pretty acoustically challenged rooms but dialing in a good tone seemed effortless.

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver

Gary Reed

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2017 6:23 pm    

Does anyone here know the approximate price of this?

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2017 2:43 am    

Nice !