The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Windows 10 Anniversary Update is here
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2016 2:40 am    

The Win 10 update to V1607, OS Build 14393.10 is now available. It should show up in the automatic updates (and allow option of when to install it). If it does not, in the Updates panel click on "Learn More" and it will take you to the Microsoft site that will allow you to manually upgrade.

I had no problems on both my desktop and laptop. They upgraded without any problems, although "Murphy's Law" says someone will.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2016 9:15 pm    

The only problem I've found so far is with an Android SDK program called fastboot that is run from the command prompt. It's used to install .img files to my Android Nexus 6 when in bootloader mode.

It and its companion app adb worked fine prior to the Windows update. Now adb will reboot the phone into bootloader mode, but fastboot isn't recognized, Device Manager shows an error, and Windows can't find the USB driver for it.

If anyone has any information about this, I'd like to hear it.