The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Branson Steel Show - GREAT
Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2016 7:24 pm    

Just what we expected, well, not really, it exceeded what we expected! We knew the show would be good because of the players that Terry invited. Players were from Louisiana, Ohio, Texas, Minnesota, Georgia, Arkansas, Missouri, and what a super line-up of players! We heard the top of the line, for sure!! The bands that backed up the steel men were fantastic!! To sum up the weekend, just call it FANTASTIC!!!!! Thanks to all that made it so great!!!

Keenan Friday

Magnolia, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2016 10:16 pm    

I appreciate the opportunity to have been included in this show. I am humbled to have played with such great steel players. Everyone I met was friendly and encouraging. I had alot of fun. The band was great. Hope some people heard something I played that influened or promoted the steel guitar in the way that all the players in some way influenced me.

Jason King

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2016 6:04 am    

Yes, great show. Thanks to all that made this show happen!

Rhonda Lindsay

Jefferson City, MO
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2016 6:15 am    

Wonderful wonderful show. The players and singers were just fantastic as was the band. A huge thanks to Terry and his crew for putting on yet another fun-filled weekend of steel guitars and country music. A special thanks to you Jerry, and your lovely wife Venda, for the moving gospel service and for providing us all with lunch yesterday.

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2016 7:27 am    

I want to add my sincere thanks to Terry, Charlie, Rosemary, Jerry, Venda, and Martha for their hard work and dedication in putting on a super show! Thanks for letting me be a small part of it. The players and the backup band were tremendous!

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2016 7:30 am     The New St. Louis?

Will this show ultimately replace the St. Louis show? Not to diminish Scotty's legacy, but just to carry on the torch. Yes, the Dallas show is amazing, well organized, and stacked with talent, but, for years we have had two really big convention level shows.

Jack Musgrave

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2016 9:00 am    

I agree with everyone's opinion about the show. it was extemely well done this year. proud to be a small part of it.

Rick Patton

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2016 12:01 pm    

The Super Show was Fantastic !! Thanks to Venda and Jerry for the Pizza Sunday and a great Sunday church service. Really enjoyed all the players, singers, and vendors, also thanks to all the staff on Ozark Steel Guitar Association.

Eddie Lane

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2016 12:13 pm    

The show was outstanding and what a line up of players! I appreciated the opportunity to play. I especially want to thank the Ozark Steel Guitar Association for giving me the 2016 Player Of The Year Award! I feel very honored. What a surprise!! I also want thank everyone for all of the hard work in putting the show together. The band was the best in the world... Roy Rosetta, Russ Weaver, Jimmie Hyde, Derrick Phillips, Garrett Massengale, Wayne Massengale, Bruce Hoffman, Dino Strunk, Russ Burns and Buddy Lewis. And a very, very special thank you to everyone who came to watch the show. See you next time.

JoAnn Kreder

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2016 8:32 pm     2016 OSGA Super Show

Wow - what a wonderful weekend of music and inspiration! There was so much unbelievable talent, so many styles and types of music represented, and so many songs and artists that touched our hearts and souls from day one through that fantastic emotional closing gospel song. I thank everyone involved with the show and the association for their part in making this happen and allowing me to take part in it.

Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2016 9:42 am    

I didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked to (all the kids and grand kids were at our house most of the weekend), but I enjoyed getting to play Friday and seeing some of my friends. I want to congratulate Eddie Lane on his well deserved award. Way to go Eddie!

Norman Watson

Broken Arrow,Ok.
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2016 1:30 pm     OSGA Supershow

The perfect way to visit Branson. We parked at the Hotel on Thursday and didn't start the car till Sunday afternoon. The entertainment all came to us this time. What a great show and venue. Kudo's to OSGA, Terry, Jerry & Venda and all the great players. Thank you, so much for this superb presentation.

Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2016 5:29 pm     show

My 2 cents worth,
My sincere thanks to Charlie and Rosemary Steichen (vice presidents), Venda and Jeremiah Hanley (Secretary), John and Pat who are the two responsible for the souvenir book and Martha for their time and efforts in helping make this Branson Super Event, one of the top Events of all time. To all of the vendors, you also help make the event successful , thank for being there.
I think from the first player Friday, Steve Melchi to the last player on Sunday Mike Sigler, we had the best group of players we have ever had.
But finally we thank all of you folks that were there, you were the ones that really made the Branson Super Event GREAT, GREAT, GREAT.
Terry Bethel
President OzSG
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2016 7:00 pm    

Thanks to all of you who rolled out of bed early to catch my 9:00 AM set Saturday morning. A lot of work went into making this 3 day show a success. Let me say 'thanks' to those that worked so hard. I especially enjoyed JoAnn Kreder's set. JoAnn and her husband have been coming to the dances I play. After hearing JoAnn on Saturday, I was surprised to see that she plays a lot better than I do. JoAnn is a very impressive player. Hope she teaches me Oklahoma Stomp.

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2016 7:01 pm    

Thanks to all of you who rolled out of bed early to catch my 9:00 AM set Saturday morning. A lot of work went into making this 3 day show a success. Let me say 'thanks' to those that worked so hard. I especially enjoyed JoAnn Kreder's set. JoAnn and her husband have been coming to the dances I play. After hearing JoAnn on Saturday, I was surprised to see that she plays a lot better than I do. JoAnn is a very impressive player. Hope she teaches me Oklahoma Stomp.

JoAnn Kreder

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2016 7:43 pm    

Thanks, Keith Hilton, for the kind words! That means so much to me. If I can do Oklahoma Stomp you certainly can, it will only take you a couple minutes to pick it up! We'll get together when we're back in Branson. I really love playing these shows, never thought I'd have the opportunity to do this. The Ozark Steel Guitar Association is made up of so many wonderful people who are welcoming and willing to help each other. It's like one big happy family-mostly sweet, with a few nuts -(you know who you are!!!) haha.

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 7 Aug 2016 8:29 am    

Thanks to the Branson Steel Show and the whole staff. Susie and I had a great time. As Terry stated above, the players were fantastic. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Larry and Susie Toliver

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2016 11:40 am    

They say word of mouth is best advertisement and I've heard nothing but good and how great the show was. I'm just sorry I didn't get to make it.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2016 7:32 am     The was SUPER !!!!!!

It was the best one yet and Mitzi and I enjoyed every minute of it. All of the people who put out the work to make this show work are first class. (US) the players just go and enjoy and play but the people who run this show have to be on call every minute of it. They are the heroes and deserve a plack. Thank you so much ,we appreciate it very much. Love to all of you . Buck and Mitzi Grantham Smile Smile Smile

Chad Jones

Anoka, MN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2016 7:38 pm    

What a killer lineup and all of my favorites playing! And to think I missed it all..ARG....Thats what I get for moving back to Music Starved Minnesota....

Steelin The Show Radio Program
www.heartlandradionetwork.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger