The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  GFI Keyless Ultra 12 -- interest for trade?
Adam Moritz

Cedar Rapids, IA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2016 8:35 am    

I'm trying to gauge the interest in my GFI Keyless Ultra 12. I have it currently setup as an extended E9, but it came setup as Universal 12. It has 5 levers, 7 pedals. I know some don't like keyless, but it is super good at dialing in, and then staying in tune. Very little cabinet drop. It's black, has a GFI gray carpet case. I bought it from Herby Wallace, and played it a bit, but recently i've just been playing my Jackson E9 for most 80s/90s country stuff. I like this GFI, but I really don't play it so I must move it. I will sell it outright or...

i'm looking for a guitar effects units called, Fractal Audio Axe Fx.... AX8. it's the floor pedal. If you have one to trade I'm interested in that. of course that is a bit lower than than the value of this GFI so we'd have to work something out.

I bought this from herby in the ballpark of 2250. I'd like to get reasonably close on that. I'll post pics later.

Rick Mastrude

Reno, Nevada, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2016 9:40 am     Awaiting some pics...especiaslly the undercarriage.

I`m interetsed.
What do you like better about6 the Jackson?
Tx,R

Adam Moritz

Cedar Rapids, IA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2016 10:40 am    

Hi there...
Jackson is a single, not a double body. Its pretty light weight too, and all my changes on it were set up for 80s/90s country which is pretty much all i do anymore...

GFI... double body frame with pad. 7 pedals and 5 lwvers.. pretty cool if u like universal/c6 options, but since o rarely played that style the pedals were just overkill. Also i got so used to playing 10 string that the extra atrings on the GFI took a little getting used to... i liked it when i played on it a lot, but i dont really anymore.

James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2016 11:36 am    

email sent .....

Adam Moritz

Cedar Rapids, IA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2016 7:22 am    

sorry for the delay here are some pics. I spent a good amount of time last night playing this machine. Now I'm just gonna have a hard time letting it go, but it really is the correct decision. A few more important notes: The pickup is the stock/standard pickup that GFI installs, i think it's a bill lawrence e66. All I can say about it is that its extremely clean, no fuzz or buzz that you may hear on other single coil pickups. It's almost as though there's a built in suppression circuit, but no there's not. Secondly the tone. Last night I plugged into a small fender frontman 15W amp just to get a feel for the last time i set it up. It sounded sooooo amazing! Like old-school sho-bud tone. When i played it thru that tiny amp with saturated 'verb it sounded like 1970s all over again. Think American Beauty .. grateful dead.

Now if i really didn't already talk myself into moving this guy i'd be super happy to have this. It's truly a quality sounding instrument and machine. I may have regrets... (fyi, i can record a video if you want to hear/see it in action, and i can also post a pic of the case... it was under a stack of cases last night so i didn't get to it.)

Adam Moritz

Cedar Rapids, IA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2016 3:06 pm    

Bump...

Adam Moritz

Cedar Rapids, IA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2016 6:56 am    

here is a few more pics...
this GFI is an all pull. A question I got was is it a triple raise, double lower? to which I believe yes it is, you can make those changes on it if needed (picture of the changer end where you can see the connections). I have it currently set up a emmons set-up on the extended E9. I can set it up any way you like, ....which is saying something. Before this guitar i was afraid to make changes on my other guitar, but this one is really easy. lots of room to work with, and the pieces are like "erector set" pieces. Very easy.

[img]

[/img]

Adam Moritz

Cedar Rapids, IA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2016 12:15 pm     **sold**

This Item is SOLD. Please close up. forum donation to be sent shortly hereafter...