The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Ezee~slide bars
basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2016 8:27 am    

My new bars..Someone had to do it so I did..

Ezzee~slide Bar ‘To Have and to Hold’
Work hardening hi-density DuPont type polymer with a precision insert balanced with a special core..
Lifetime (return for replacement) Guarantee !
Sticks to you hand like the proverbial !!

Presented in a velvet bag inside an engraved wooden "Treasure Chest" with an extra bag for picks as well.
Available in Black or White, in popular lengths with diameters of 3/4", 7/8" 15/16” and 1".
Metric equivalents available. (Even considering recent events)

Click Here to visit site

Steelies do it without fretting

CLICK THIS to view my tone bars and buy——>

Last edited by basilh on 20 Jul 2016 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

George Piburn

The Land of Enchantment New Mexico
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2016 9:34 am     Photo

Nice looking site ,

Great photos of your packaging, although I don't find any photos of the actual products.

Also No Sound Files to enjoy the tone and so forth.

I'm certain those are in the making or I am simply missing them.

Good Wishes on the Adventure.

GeorgeBoards Hawaiian Guitars
YouTube Channel

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2016 11:29 am    

Thanks George, I'm just so busy this week arranging the music for the show on Sunday at the Birmingham Symphony Hall (I'm the musical Director and featured soloist) 45 song/tunes to arrange for all the different artists.

Anyway, I WILL post pictures and a demo video comparing all the bars I have to the one I make, I have nearly every make of bar and will do a direct comparison and post the video on my site and on YouTube. AFTER Sunday's Show.

BTW Just in case George, this is whom I am :-
http://www.waikiki-islanders.com/assets/Basil%20TV%20Interview.mp4

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2016 6:18 am    

I can't figure out how to order a 15/16"bar??
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2016 10:24 pm    

Hi Stu.

Click Here to visit site

and select the correct shipping options from the "Drop-Down" menu..

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2016 10:27 pm    

A rather rushed demo:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOyTnQARWGc

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2016 3:58 pm    

My reaction to the sound of the "Hartley" Bar at the Sunday concert..

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2016 2:48 am    

I used my Ezee Slide tone bar all over this last weekend at a steel guitar festival. The bar was so good. It has improved my tone, and with virtually no string drag it is incredibly easy to manipulate. I love it, and it has made my steel bars redundant. One of the best steel guitar related products that I have ever used. It excels the old Tribo Tone bars, which were made from a polymer material but have not got the tone or slickness on the strings that the Ezee Slide Bar has. I am so pleased that I just had to say something. Very Happy Very Happy
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2016 3:29 am    

I must add that Ken's spot at the NESGF was a lesson in tonality, technique intonation and volume moderation. Such a super player with a sound that Pat was very impressed with, and it's almost impossible to impress Pat..
Ken's Show Pro and Telonics combination amp/pedal (Along with the bar) sounded absolutely just the way a Pedal Steel SHOULD sound..

Most of the players that attended tried out my bar and most of them are now users (Of the Bar that is)

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2016 4:35 am    

Bless your heart for the very kind words Basil. Paypal payment on the way for the compliment. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Jim Newberry

Seattle, Upper Left America
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2016 12:01 pm    

I'll chime in from the upper left coast of Amerikay to say that I got two bars delivered last week. I'm no great shakes of a player, but I am truly impressed. I play non-pedal early country, some Hawaiian, and Cajun music. I bought a 7/8" bar for use with my 8-strings and a 3/4" bar as a gift for a pal who's lusted after my other "polymer" bars which are not currently available. The Ezzee-slide seems the best of all worlds; it is easy to grip, has very low string noise or friction, but is nearly as bright as the top-shelf metal bars I have. It's heavier than my other polymer 7/8" bar and I perceived significant improvement in sustain.

Great job, Basil!

-1950 Fender Dual Pro 8
-1950's Fender Dual Pro 6
-Clinesmith D8
-Clinesmith 8-string Frypan
-Clinesmith Joaquin
-~1940 National New Yorker
-~1936 Rickenbacher B6
-Homebuilt Amps

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2016 12:49 pm    

Thank you so much Jim, I'm positively humbled by all the accolades. There have been a few teething problems but all is now good. I'm quoting a 10-14 day delay on dispatch as the orders are almost overwhelming.

basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2016 1:30 pm    

Unsolicited testimonials:--->

Kudos to Basil Henriques's bar that I used over the weekend. The more I used it the more that I came to the conclusion that it has really improved my tone. I am not on commission (yet - ha) and can truthfully say that this item is one of the biggest game changers for steel players that they can get for the money. An absolutely brilliant product. Tone is so important to me, and the Ezee Slide tone bar is definitely the way to go.

Quote from a new user "Basil! Having just tried out the bar, I can state that it is everything I'd hoped - virtually noiseless, light, smooth, and even beautiful. It is a fine product, and will absolutely be my "go-to" bar, except for times where I need a little more weight.. At some point, I will purchase a heavier bar from you, for a complete set!
"I am very very impressed with the bar, and will absolutely recommend it to everyone - great price for what you receive, as well.

Thank you very much, Basil. I am most satisfied"

And Christopher. Other:->
I received my bar today - incredible packaging, pure beauty of a bar!
Oh my - now THIS is class! My new Ezzee-slide...
Thank you very very very much - absolutely stunning.

From Finland :->
Hi Basil..... At last my bar was in may post box! But there is something strange going on! The´first bar has copied it self??? The copy looks almost like the first one or the other way Smile

I run down to my Music room and gut stuck there for an hour or more! Ezzee slide is very nice in my hand. I am amazed about the smoth friction against the strings!
This will be recommended by me to my steeling friends. I will for sure take a small video to put up on FB for all steelers to see and hear later!
Super nice!
Thank you very much Basil.
All the best to you and your wife.

I sent him a choice, the bar he ordered and one that had the most unusual "Tiger Stripe" markings..Strange things can happen in the polymer cooling process.
HI Basil. Hahaha,,,, I just found your letter in the box that the bars came in! No way that I send one bar back. I gonna keep them both. How much do I owe you for the second bar? Can I send to you over PayPal? or just a normal bank transaction?
Just let me know. The bars is very nice!
Regards
Uffe

And wouldn't you know that a Pirate would appreciate the "Pirate's Chest" box the bar comes in..

Quote "Well, well... My friendly postal representative brought a package from overseas today. I'm loving the tone and feel of both bars. Great work done by you and your thousands of employees!
Thanks,
Jim
Arrrrr... T'was sent from me EyePad

David Hartley said; "I used one of these bars at the weekend for the whole time I was playing some steel. It really is smooth, the weight was good for me and Basil made it with the same dimensions as my BJS John Hughey bar. It is one I will use a lot of the time. It does have no noise I could hear on the slides I used, and sustain was as good as a steel bar. The tone was a bit more mellow than the BJS. You would be pleasantly surprised with the Ezzee-slide bar. David Hartley..

Ken Byng said "Here is a piece that I wrote this morning on the British Steelies web site. "Well while on the subject of Tribo-Tone Basil, Maurice Anderson gave me a TT bar quite a few years ago as a gift. I wasn't enamoured by it too much at first, but it did improve after a bit of use. While the Ezzee Slide looks identical to the TT bar, there is a substantive difference on first use. Basil's bar is much slicker, so it is apparent that he has used a different type of polymer to Eric Ebner, manufacturer of the TT bar. My Tribo-Tone bar is on its way to one of my pupils as it is redundant.

I bought a 1" Ezzee bar after buying one of Ben Burrow's excellent 1" stainless bars recently. While the Ezzee is considerably lighter in use to Ben's bar, it still weighs in around 7.5 ounces. Also in use, the Ezzee bar is very slick on the strings and easy to manipulate on faster passages. The big difference between the Ezzee bar and my stainless and chromed steel bars is a slightly mellower tone on the unwound strings, which is a big plus for my personal taste. To'ing and fro'ing between polymer and steel bars highlighted the more metallic tone of the latter on the unwound strings, which is pretty logical. The tone of the Ezzee bar on the strings is more pleasing to my ears.

Overall, I am very impressed with Basil's bar and while it is priced at 2 or 3 times the cost of a traditional stainless or chromed bar, it must be remembered that the manufacturing process of his bars is way more complex. It comes in a nice presentation box complete with drawstring bag for both the bar plus a second one for storing picks. I will still continue to use my all metal bars, but having the Ezzee bar in my armoury means that it will be my primary 'go to' bar"."

Well, well... My friendly postal representative brought a package from overseas today. I'm loving the tone and feel of both bars. Great work done by you and your thousands of employees! 

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Basil,

The new bar arrived today.
It seems quite wonderful, thanks!
(I compare against my old Dunlop bars)
It'll be interesting to see how it ages.
Hi Basil,
The bar seems quite wonderful.
I'm not that experienced a player,
But I sure like the slick and quiet compared to my old Dunlop.
Best,
Preston

Basil,
I just finished my first show minutes ago with the 7/8 bar and it was great. Hot day, outside in the sun and I had no problem hanging on to it. I'm an intermediate player at best, so take this with that in mind, but it seems the best of steel and Tribotone. Super low string noise, no string resistance, and a brighter tone than Tribotone. I wouldn't change a thing. The 3/4 bar was a gift for a friend. My only concern on that is the thinnish lip. I'd be worried about it chipping, but the tone and feel are great. I have Burden, Tribotone, and BJS in that size and I like the Ezzee-slide better than all of those. Great job engineering these beasts. 

Hi Basil
The bar is great, no need to worry about any modifications. As some of your other users have already commented there is a noticeable warmness to the tone on the unwound strings which I really like and prefer. It will definitely be first choice from now on. Plus being white it looks cool with the white guitar

Regards
Les

Hello Basil
the sound is perfect: quiet and warm.
Many congratulations
Giovanni

JSG Damn,
I received my Ezzee-slide from Basil Henriques and can't tell how much I love it!!!! It's a huge upgrade from my BJS bar!!! Wow good job mr Henriques!