The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  West Virginia Flooding
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2016 10:41 am    

I'm concerned about the folks in WVA, and especially Hook Moore, Russ Hicks, and other members of the forum who may be in harm's way.

Hook, if you're okay and online, let us know. You too, Russ, and any other forumites from WVA.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2016 1:49 am    

Good morning Herb, I very much appreciate your concern. Everything is good with me. I haven't talked to Russ since the flood but I did not hear of any really bad situations in his area so I'm hopeful. There are certainly a lot of people hurting from losing everything and at last count, about 20 deaths.

Thank you my friend

Don Drummer

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2016 11:04 am     flood

Thanks for your concern, Herb. I live in Lewisburg a few miles west of White Sulpher Springs in Greenbrier county. WSS was ground zero here and had the most fatalities. The communities have come together and are working hard to help the unfortunate. This weather event was a combination of a very wet spring and summer coupled with a stalled front that produced ten inches of rain in 4 hours. Kinda like Houston with mountains and streams. It has affected most of the state. Conditions in my county mirror Houston Texas plus mountains and streams. Thanks again for your concern.