The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Marlen D-10 .
Clyde Trent

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2016 10:10 am    

Hi all I'm still trying to understand the workings off my pedal steel ! correct me if I'm wrong , the pedal "A" takes strings Bs # 5 & 10 to ++C# / pedal "B" takes the G#,s numbers 3 & 6 to +A / and pedal "C" takes the 4th string E to ++F# & 5th string B to ++C# . If I can get this baby put to rest then move to the Knees ! In advance thanks Clyde .

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2016 10:36 am    

That is correct for pedals. Don't know how your knees are set up but you should have one the lowers 4th and 8th E strings to an Eb (probably left knee right). Also you should have a lever that raises 4 and 8 to an F (probably left knee left).
RKR should lower 2nd string either a half or whole tone or maybe both with a half stop and should also lower 9th string half tone. RKL will probably raise 1st string to G# and lower 6th string to F#. that is the standard 4 knee lever set up. Yours may vary.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.