The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  that small Moyo volume pedal with tuner out
Bruce Derr

Lee, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2016 8:48 am    

I've had one of these pedals for about six weeks. At first I used it only at home, and was surprised at how "normal" it felt. (I wear size 12, btw.) Lately I've been keeping it in my pack seat as a spare. It got the acid test recently when I brought my Carter steel to a gig, but forgot that I still had my Emmons pedal packed in my seat. I had to use the wee Moyo for the entire gig, and I can honestly say that the whole time I was playing I never gave it a thought. It's that good. I'm thinking of getting another one.

Mark Addeo

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2016 1:03 pm    

Very cool idea. Nice and easy to carry for console or lap steel gigs too.

Ok, I have to ask. Looks like you have done a great job fitting a lot into a little space. Any chance you could make a lefty?

Basically jacks on the opposite side to clear the 8th pedal on a D10. If so I'll take one. I have tried angled cords etc. Some don't clear the pedal on a Goodrich L or H. Straight jacks get stepped on. The plight of a lefty. Neutral

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2016 1:14 pm    

Hey Mark--if I'm you (southpaw) I'd be wanting the same thing--jacks on the left side.

But just FYI, this is how angled jacks fit on the Moyo. There's no cutout to worry about.

Mark Addeo

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2016 5:48 am    

Thanks Jon. That's is good to know. Ideally left side jacks would allow any cord/Jack to be used but your pic shows that angled jacks would work fine too.

Johan Forsman

Sweden
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2016 12:31 am    

I too have one of these pedals, for a few weeks now, it is nothing but great. As previous posters already reported it took no time to get used to. In fact, I prefer the "feel" of it over my Goodrich. I do occasionally play barefoot at home, size 10, it is OK, no problem.

It looks real sharp and the size is nothing but a plus to me. If I want to go really light I can even stuff the MOYO in the leg bag compartment in my guitar case without squeezing.

Also, Glenn was super nice to deal with.

Jon Kostal

Westmont, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2016 5:09 pm     Great pedal!

In the case with my Deluxe 8. Amazing! It is a great pedal, barefoot or not! I had to adjust the string (wouldn't shut all the way off), easy job with the pot on the end. Love it! I use the steel standing sometimes and the pedal is great. Can't say enough good about it. Thanks Glenn!!

Daymon LaPoint

Jasper, Texas
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2016 12:10 pm    

Hello Glenn,
Check your email.

Thank you

'66 Emmons Bolt-On, Sho-Bud LDG, Sho-Bud Fingertip, Rus-Ler D-10, '70 Emmons, P2P Bad Dawg, Fender '59 Bassman,'59 Fender Twin "Bonamassa", Fender Twin Reverb and Rick Johnson Cabinets. Previous and Proud owner of James Blonde, Brownie, and Rosalee.

Geoff Cline

Southwest France
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2016 9:09 am    

Meant to post this a while ago. Really enjoying the volume pedal...works great and takes up very little space on the board. (Easy to remove when I want/need to use it without the rest of the board). Thanks Glenn...great product.

Don McClellan

California/Thailand
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2016 5:49 pm    

I got one. It was even smaller than I thought it would be. I love it . Its perfect for me. Don

Glenn Demichele

(20mi N of) Chicago Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2016 8:49 am    

After experimenting, I ordered a second one to use as an expression pedal for my GT001 effects unit. Depending on the effect I have chosen, it controls the amount of reverb, the leslie speed, or a wah-wah. The expression pedal is supposed to be a 10k linear pot, but I made a cord to fool my effects unit, and I'm using the Moyo pedal as shipped - so I have a spare too. Here's a pic of the pedals, and a pic of the cord to fool my effects unit. I cut rectangular holes in a mouse pad to hold the pedals in place.

Asa Brosius

Post  Posted 25 Aug 2016 7:30 pm    

Just took my moyo to a gig- fantastic, all aces. The only tangible differences between it and my aging Goodrich pot pedal were positive- nice resistance feel, and a touch more room for my long legs.

Glenn Taylor

Denver, CO, USA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2016 4:40 pm    

Yes I have some ready to ship before I build the next batch.

john widgren

Wilton CT
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2016 4:42 pm     little pedal

I'm liking mine..Thanks Glenn

JW
widcj@hotmail.com

Mark Addeo

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2017 4:05 pm     moy

got mine today! love it. Amazing how compact, yet you don't notice it under your foot. Sturdy and quiet too! Great design! thanks.

Glenn Demichele

(20mi N of) Chicago Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2017 6:52 pm    

Hi Glenn:
Look what I did with mine! My second one is on my upstairs steel for now.
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2592044#2592044

Justin Brown

Chicago, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2017 4:40 pm    

Glenn: this pedal works great and was easy to get used to. Thinking ahead, what's your recommended procedure for replacing the pot? Looks like it might be a little trickier than a Goodrich.

Glenn Taylor

Denver, CO, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2017 2:03 pm    

Thank you all for the positive comments. Regarding potentiometer replacement: yes it might seem a little complicated. But it is not too difficult, and it is possible to do it without replacing or having to re-attach the string. I have not yet written up a step-by-step for that, and I am going to wait until there is an actual need for it. I have yet to wear out one of those Dunlop pots; they are amazing. And the string on the pedal I use shows no wear.

Mike Brenner

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2017 12:17 pm    

Just adding my 50 cents: I bought one to fit into a 'travel kit' pedal board I'm building--I have a quick tour coming up that involves a bunch of small flights that would charge a lot to check a bag or pedal board in a flight case. The Moyo was the perfect answer--weighs about 1/3 of a EB VP Jr. I really enjoy using it as well. Thanks Glenn!

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2017 9:39 pm    

I've been using my moyo pedal for fly dates and it feels natural and works flawlessly. I keep it as a backup in my seat. It is built solid and has no feeling of being a compromise.

Just a brilliant bit of inspired workmanship. I'll be ordering another one soon.

Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2017 8:56 am     Pedal with tuner output

The pedal is now available with a tuner output, which is a 1 meg resistor from the input to the tuner out jack. Works well.

Frank Parish

Nashville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2017 5:58 am    

I sure like the looks of that pedal but I'd want two outputs just because it's practical to have one just for your tuner or even two amps. I have a Franklin stereo pedal with one input and three outputs. I can run two amps and a tuner or a recorder or anything I want because I have options but two is enough. Anything to make it lighter, I'm for it!

Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2017 6:48 am    

There is no space for a fourth 1/4 " jack in the pedal. If you really wanted two outputs rather than the tuner out, Glenn could move he tuner line to the output and leave out the resistor when he builds the pedal.

A more simple solution would be to make a Y splitter cable for use when you really need two outputs and keep the tuner output.

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2017 11:36 am    

Marvin Born wrote:
A more simple solution would be to make a Y splitter cable for use when you really need two outputs and keep the tuner output.

This solution is also quite simple:

Rick Rian

Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2017 11:07 am    

Glenn Demichele wrote:
After experimenting, I ordered a second one to use as an expression pedal for my GT001 effects unit. Depending on the effect I have chosen, it controls the amount of reverb, the leslie speed, or a wah-wah. The expression pedal is supposed to be a 10k linear pot, but I made a cord to fool my effects unit, and I'm using the Moyo pedal as shipped - so I have a spare too. Here's a pic of the pedals, and a pic of the cord to fool my effects unit. I cut rectangular holes in a mouse pad to hold the pedals in place.

Mr. Taylor, is there any chance of you offering your pedal as an expression pedal?

Glenn Taylor

Denver, CO, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2017 4:00 pm    

I have built one as a dedicated expression pedal. It should be somewhat less expensive with a cheaper pot.