The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1st ever Steel Guitar Cruise
Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2016 5:38 pm    

Buck Rodgers wrote:
Sorry, Bill. I should have said "Seasoned Pros".

I think it will be "sea-sunned" pros in this case. Very Happy Very Happy

Really looking forward to it!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2016 2:48 am    

It is time for a bump.

Ok folks,
Don't get left out of this first ever "Steel Guitar Cruise"

It will be 4 days with your friends, 2 steel guitar shows onboard the ship, a day in Cozumel and FOOD, I mean LOTS of FOOD.

We are going to have a blast.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Wendell Gurley

CARROLLTON, GEORGIA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2016 5:38 pm    

Hey, happy to announce we have applied for our pass ports and now have to wait a few weeks to see if we will be able to go! Maybe we've done nothing bad enough to keep us from making this cruise we have been eagerly awaiting!! lol Really looking forward to making some new friends and being with friends we have known for a long time---bring on some steel guitar, I'm ready!!! Very Happy

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2016 4:12 am    

Just to update.

If you have a your birth certificate with a RAISED SEAL, you are not required to get a passport.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2016 12:00 pm    

Bill Ferguson is correct. A cruise leaving AND returning to the same port is considered a "closed loop cruise"; here is a link to US Customs updated 8-2-16:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1139/~/documents-needed-to-take-a-cruise

Here is an excerpt from this link:
"U.S. Citizens on closed-loop cruises will be able to enter or depart the country on the cruise with proof of citizenship, such as an original or copy of his or her birth certificate (issued by the Vital Records Department in the state where he or she was born) and, if 16 or older, a government issued photo ID."

FYI, two more cabins were booked this week, so if you aren't book yet, please go to steelguitarcruise.com for booking information. Hope to see you there !!!

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2016 11:38 am    

Is a drivers license a government issued photo ID?

Leon Champion

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2016 1:23 pm     Cruse

Gail and I just booked our room, gonna be a great time. MABY SONE ONE WILL LET ME SING A SONG OR TWO.

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2016 11:18 am    

Time for a bump. Still space available I believe.

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2016 2:52 am    

Back to the top, please! Still have some cabins available! This is gonna be awesome !!!

Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2016 8:30 am     Steel Guitar Cruse

My wife, Kathy and I just booked our cabin, along with our friends, Bob and Judy Oeck that should also be booking their cabin today.

This will be our very first cruse for Kathy and I. We're all really looking forward to taking part and seeing everyone!

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2016 1:20 pm    

Lynn, we are so excited to hear you are booked!! This is gonna be so awesome and glad you, your wife and your friends will be a part of this venue. We have another couple from here in Ga that booked today also.

For everyone else: I am told the ship is starting to fill up quickly now. Cabins can be made available up until the ship sells out, so please consider booking your cruise ASAP!

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2016 5:01 pm    

Here is link to find a park & cruise hotel in Mobile:
https://www.hotelnparking.com/Cruiseport+Hotel+and+Parking-3
Enter correct dates: Check-in 2-1-16, check out 2-2-16, pick up car Monday 2-6-16. The link only shows Holiday Inn which is about 5 mins from the Port and the rate appears to be $139 and includes one night stay, free parking and shuttle to and from the Port. (If you park at the Port the cost is $75!) This is all based on the fact that you are traveling lite enough to get your equip AND your luggage on the shuttle!!! If you plan on taking a bunch of gear you may want to plan on parking at the Port. Just trying to provide some options !! Can't wait !!!

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2016 7:27 pm    

Steve, if we're taking more than will go on the shuttle, can we drive to the port, unload, then go back and catch the shuttle rather than part at the port?

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 8:24 am    

I plan on parking at the port and staying just outside of Mobile the night before.
I really don't want to load, unload, load, unload equipment.

So Roger, do we drive separately? hehe

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 11:46 am    

Roger, I think Bill F is on the right track and least convoluted process. I think we can go over early and drop but it will be very congested because everyone is getting off the ship starting bout 8 AM. Then the next logistical problem is when we return and exit Customs, we have to take everything with us at one time,...no in and out. So then our gear is outside but our car is back at the hotel !?!? So I think Bill is correct to assume there will be lot of loading and unloading. Also, parking at the Port will get you home about an hour or two sooner.

And of course you can still drive down the morning of 2-2-16, but you risk the variables of traffic and/or car trouble, etc.

A suggestion would be that if maybe 3 of us could put our gear in one vehicle and drive/park at the Port and split the parking!! Wives can still ride the shuttle and we can meet them (coordinate via cell phone) then when we return, again wives would ride shuttle back to hotel and players can collect their gear and return to the hotel & connect again. I know it sounds convoluted, but we just have to be creative. And we also need to be considerate of our wives; this is suppose to be fun for them too so we don't need to put any undue hardship or stress on them.

I think I am traveling lite enough that I can take the shuttle, but I am not opposed to getting creative with our logistics to help satisfy everyone's needs.

Hope this helps.

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2016 5:01 am    

SHIP IS CLOSE TO BEING SOLD OUT !!!
Jimmy Hodge asked me to post here on the Form that he has been advised that the Carnival Fantasy sailing Feb 2nd, is very close to being SOLD OUT (these ships never sail empty!) so if you have not signed up for the Steel Guitar Cruise and are considering it, it is recommended that you book ASAP! Remember, to be a part of this venue, you must book your cruise with Jacki Hardy ONLY by calling 812-691-4369! DO NOT BOOK DIRECTLY WITH CARNIVAL because that will not include you in the Steel Guitar Cruise venue. Hope to see you on board; it is less than 2 months away!!!!!

Travis Toy

Nashville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2016 10:09 pm    

Looks like my lovely wife and I will be cruisin'. Gonna be fun!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2016 6:13 am    

That is great news Travis.

Looking forward to finally meeting you.