The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Possibly Stolen Pedal Steel
Adam Johnson

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2016 8:56 pm    

This Sierra pedal steel was picked up on 4/11/16 in Scranton, PA by UPS. The driver failed to scan it in when he arrived back at the facility. UPS is still unable to locate, and will be checking their lost and found locations this week. Please keep an Eye out, if you see a guitar like this come up for sale. It was to be shipped, to Clarksburg, Ohio. It's been posted on several Facebook guitar pages, and wanted to share here as well. Thank you

Barry Minnick

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2016 5:57 pm     Another Pedal Steel gone Missing:

Please keep an eye out for this missing Sierra pedal steel, so it gets returned to it's rightful owner!!

Ben Elder

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2016 8:26 pm     UPS--It's Never Our Fault

I had a pair of skis (eBay but via FedEx Ground) show up four months late even though the driver logged it in on the original delivery date (October, as opposed to February actual delivery) as left on the porch not 45 minutes before i got back from an errand. (Porch pirates? That quickly? For a $40 pair of skis in FedEx plastic sleeving? Does that scream opportunity to anybody?)

It was almost certainly a double-up (f*%k-, cover-) snafu with strong components of incompetence and lying, It arrived, clearly having been subjected to moisture and weather with a very noticeably faded label.

It may not be immediate, but the Sierra might get sorted out eventually. If not, good luck with UPS Claims--they are pure evil and will fight, obstruct and stonewall till the end of time to avoid paying a righteous settlement.

Steve Green

Gulfport, MS, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 3:11 am     Re: UPS--It's Never Our Fault

Ben Elder wrote:
good luck with UPS Claims--they are pure evil and will fight, obstruct and stonewall till the end of time to avoid paying a righteous settlement.

TRUTH.

Tim Russell

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 3:40 am    

I simply cannot understand what is up with these shippers. I purchased an amp a few years ago and it floated around in the USPS for 2 months before I received it - they had no idea where it was...

This was an order between PA & MD...I could have driven the 70 some miles & picked it up, but thought it would be more convenient to have it shipped. Rolling Eyes

John Booth

Columbus Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 9:48 am     Re: UPS--It's Never Our Fault

Steve Green wrote:
Ben Elder wrote:
good luck with UPS Claims--they are pure evil and will fight, obstruct and stonewall till the end of time to avoid paying a righteous settlement.

TRUTH.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT !

Philip Mitrakos

The Beach South East Florida
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 10:33 am    

Ive been an over the road trucker off and on for 40 years and I've seen more crashed smashed up UPS and FEDEX
Trucks than any other company on the road

Adam Johnson

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 2:29 pm    

We have plenty of emails, admitting their losing it. I can understand how damaged claims could be difficult, because there are many variables. I would take a delayed guitar anyday, as I can make more money. However it is very aggravating to go through. This was to be my first pedal steel, glad I didn't go ahead and order the other knee levers yet.

Jerry Horch

Alva, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 3:48 pm    

Did you have insurance? Wonder how long they search before paying insurance value.I lost luggage to Frisco once ,the airline conducted a 6 month search before I could even file. Never got it. Good luck

Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 6:09 pm     Lost stuff

Reminds me of a so called accident by buster brown (UPS), that happened to me, a few years back.

My back screwed up pretty good, doc put me on some high powered meds. Picked TGE up first time, but decided to have them shipped UPS, to save me a hurting trip into the big city.

Meds didn't show, then UPS called to inform me the meds were accidentally busted during shipment,and over half of months supply missing. Wanted to complete shipment to me with remainder and I refused. Then it too forever to get everything straightened out.

Good luck with the guitar. Some yawho probably hocked that boy.
Hope not.

Adam Johnson

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 7:03 pm    

This was posted just in case it came up for sale somewhere. Telling me how UPS is gonna screw me over, isn't helping the situation any. Please keep those comments to yourself!

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2016 4:08 pm     Stolen guitar

Hello Adam, you might have to take a drive to a UPS center and take your tracking number so they can scan the bar code to find out where it may have landed, it had to land somewhere, and if it landed at the wrong place UPS is responsible for it being delivered to wrong location, and it could remain there for a while before it finally gets either re-entered or sent back to sender being undeliverable, it still has to be in their system somewhere, either case they are responsible, and do you know the value of the guitar? because if they lost it you will have to file a claim with them to get it replaced, I always used DHL or US post office.

Adam Johnson

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2016 5:09 pm    

That's the thing, the package was never scanned by the driver. Therefore there is no tracking number. Right now they are doing a trace, to try and find everywhere it's been. Which I don't know how they are gonna do that, since there was no tracking number. They said they want to wrap this up my the end of next week. It was insured, and they are taking full responsibility. Sounds like I'm gonna be searching for another PSG.

Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2016 5:16 pm    

Hi Steven,

I sold Adam the Sierra so I guess I'm qualified to fill you in on what's happening. Spoke again with UPS today. They are accepting 100% responsibility for this guitar being missing. We have a tracking number, but after the guitar was picked up from my home, it wasn't scanned by the driver at the facility. It may have gone onto a truck, may have gotten lost at the first facility (though they swear they've searched for it) or may have gotten lost anywhere between PA and OH. Or worse. They couldn't track it as it wasn't scanned from the beginning, but are now starting a "tracer." They have been apologizing daily and continue to search, and promise to compensate on a date in the near future they have given us it they don't find it. I asked our local facility if it was possible it was stolen, she said she couldn't say for sure it wasn't. I asked if it was okay if I started an APB for a possible stolen guitar. She basically said she would if it was hers. Hence, our posts about a possible stolen guitar. Thanks for your concern. Lynn

Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2016 5:17 pm    

Ha, Hi Adam. Looks like great minds thinking alike again!

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2016 2:24 am    

I had a purchase from American Musical that never showed any UPS tracking status other than "label prepared". A week after it should have been delivered it finally showed up. I checked UPS status after it was delivered and it still only showed "label prepared".

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2016 12:18 pm     Stolen guitar reply from Steve Black

Hello Lynn, I would not question to UPS as to rather if it was stolen, it is their responsibility to have scanned it in and I would go with UPS that it was their responsibility, and be glad they are trying to make things right with you and refund you for the full value of the guitar that way you can get another rather it be a GFI like this one or a Zum stage one, or another sierra if you can find one, I would stay with a GFI or Zum stage one preferably Zum, just make sure they scan it in and ask for a tracking number even on your end that way Adam has something to fall back on too he can track his package to the closest drop off point when he has a number, I always add insurance just in case, I am glad things will get worked out, but too bad it wasn't that guitar, but who knows it could show up after you get a new replacement if it does Adam will have two guitars, but that is not too likely, but it could.

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2016 12:28 pm     Stolen guitar reply from Steve Black

Adam, looks like Lynn is on it and trying to help you get some headway with UPS sorry it might not be the Sierra artist you wanted but Zum stage one is equal value and so is GFI if you can find another Sierra that would be great but probably not likely, but hang in there and the right one will come, you could end up with two in the end if the Sierra shows up.

Adam Johnson

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2016 5:40 pm    

Can't say enough how awesome Lynn has been in this process. It's good to hear others stories, about having delays, and getting their packages. Keeping my fingers crossed for them to locate it after tracing.

Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 5 May 2016 1:44 pm    

Great News! Blondie has been found! Seems she showed up in Lost and Found the day after UPS tried to settle for $100.00 but I told them No Way was I going to accept that. Strange but true. Here is the pic they sent me today to identify her. Still looks like she's in good shape. Hoping she gets to Adam safe and sound.

Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 5 May 2016 1:49 pm    

P.S. Thanks everyone for your support during this fiasco!!!!

Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2016 2:30 pm     news

That is wonderful news. sure does lower the stress level.
Happy ending to that saga.

I wonder if there couldn't be an independent insuring company that a seller could use and know the the insurer would assure us of honest accurate claim work against these shippers.
I know this is off topic somewhat, just thinking out loud.

Dick

Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 5 May 2016 6:30 pm    

That is a very interesting thought, Dick. I have no idea, however. Sad

Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2016 5:12 am    

$100.

They have a sick sense of humor.

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2016 6:16 am     reply to stolen steel guitar

Now Lynn is UPS going to track this guitar to Adam? is it being fully scanned in by UPS? Steve Black.