The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  GFI Steel Guitars and Bob Diekmeier
Pat Richardson

Paxton, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2016 7:55 am    

I don't know if this is in the correct place to post this so forgive me . But I just wanted to give a shout out about GFI steel guitars and the guy who takes care of things there Bob Diekmeier. Last night I was practicing on with my guitar and I broke a nylon grommet on my A pedal . I called Bob this morning and told him what had happened and he is sending me the replacement part out free of charge . This guitar I have is more than likely 10 years old and I did not expect any warranty what so ever . But its companies like this that take care of you and stand behind there products that make the difference . So I ask you please in the future , Just in case you have in mind buying a new steel guitar please keep this incident I ma telling you here in mind and give a close look at a GFI steel guitar. They make an excellent product and stand behind it .

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2016 8:35 am    

When I went looking for parts for my 25 year old GFI, everything was available to fit, and arrived at my door within three days. The only other company I can think of who might have pulled that off is Mullen, and I think very highly of them, too!

Scott Duckworth

Etowah, TN Western Foothills of the Smokies
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2016 8:48 am    

Ditto on Bob and GFI. I was looking to install the RKR on SM-10, and he fixed me up with the exact parts. Had it on in less than and hour. Great folks and great guitars.

I may, in fact, be nuts. However, I am screwed onto the right bolt... Jesus!

Norbert Dengler

germany
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2016 9:41 am    

i went to the GFI factory years ago with my older S10 on my travels through the states for vacation.
not only did he swap the aluminum changer to a stainless steel for a more than fair price, but also replaced different parts including a knee lever that was a lttle loose for free.
he even invited us for diner as we were all the way from germany.
i think very highly about bob at GFI.
i never heard anything bad about his service.
he`s the real deal!!!

Karol Wainscott

Kokomo , Indiana
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2016 9:46 am    

I must also ditto these thoughts. I broke a plastic pedal bar clamp screw on my SD-10 Ultra, called expecting to need to buy a replacement only to find they(GFI) had replaced the plastic to steel screws and they sent me a set (2) to replace both with . No more trouble there. They are great to deal with and I love the GFI.

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2016 7:10 pm     GFI Steel Guitars and Bob Diekmeier

I bought A GFI Ultra S12 used. Had a problem with 2 strings buzzing. Sent Bob and E-Mail about removing the Nut Rollers from the guitar and the screws that held the assembly. Got a answer the next day and the work went smooth from there. Great guy to have on your side when there is a problem.

Gary Cooper

Atmore, Alabama
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2016 5:36 am     GFI Ultra

I bought a new GFI Ultra from Billy Cooper. He set it up and it plays as smooth as silk and has a fantastic tone.

Eddie Freeman

Natchez Mississippi
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2016 6:55 am     Gfi

My GFI stays in tune so well, I don't really need to take my tuner with me when I go on a gig,(but I do just out of a long time habit).
I tune at home and when I get there and set up, every thing is right on. Only rarely do I have to tweek on it . Love my GFI....

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2016 4:06 pm     Gfi

Hey Eddie. How you doing? GFI's are fine guitars.

Eddie Freeman

Natchez Mississippi
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2016 7:49 am     Gfi

HI Billy Carr, Yeah, I've still got the GFI I got from you a few years ago and still love it, and you know how well it stays in tune. I think you said you were playing a venue where John Hughey commented on you not having to tweek it all night. As a matter of fact, I have to be at the studio here in Natchez in a couple of hours (owned by Bishop Gunn).I have cut one song with them, and have to run another one today, so GFI is going rock for a while. Take care, your bud E......

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2016 12:25 pm     psg

Thanks!