Johnson Valley, CA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 9:11 am    

Hi. I'm looking for a Fender Stringmaster Bridgeplate complete:

Bridgeplate
2 springs
2 adjustment screws
1 bar bridge
1 bridge cover

If you have the bridgeplate but not the nifty cover, I'm still interested. Also, if you know where I might be able to find these kinds of parts, that would really help too. Thanks so much.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 9:25 am    

I just picked up the "nifty" bridge cover on e-bay. They don't come cheap though!
Erv

Gabriel Aaron Wynne

Johnson Valley, CA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 12:46 pm    

Do you mean this one? eBay item 3737447754 (Ends Jul-26-04 18:15:00 PDT) - 1950s60s FENDER Stringmaster Steel Guitar BRIDGE COVER

Please, with all due respect, no more carrot danglers. . . I made this post because I want these parts, not a bunch of sassy conversation.

While I'm on the subject, I always find it irritating when people post on this forum when someone is trying to legitimately sell a steel guitar. More often than not, he gets 6 or 7 posts from people who are only interested in saying what a great guitar it is or just talking a bunch nonsense like: "Oh yeah, that's some great deal on this guitar. . . saw it about 3 years ago in San Francisco . . . it had that great mica tone, and he was playing through a lunchbox with all his knobs on 5. . . yeah they just don't make 'em like this anymore, what a great price, they usually go for twice this. . . I'm surprised it hasn't been snatched up already . . .etc."

If you have the part, let's talk. If you don't and know where I can get it, that's also cool. If you have the part and aren't interested in selling, please spare me. If you don't have the part . . . you get the idea.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 1:43 pm    

GEE,
No need to get snotty!

Gabriel Aaron Wynne

Johnson Valley, CA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 4:27 pm    

Look, I'm not trying to be snotty or attempting to make waves. I simply made an observation and more or less made a combined quote of actual statements I have personally seen on the forum. It was supposed to be lighthearted at best. My apologies if any were offended. However, I make an observation and someone accuses me of being snotty. If you've ever heard me play, you'd know that I should be the last to get snotty. I might play like snot, but hey! No harm intended my fellow non-pedeler.

jay thompson

east peoria, il USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2004 6:24 pm    

Hey Gabe,
Do you think it may have been a suggestion to look outside the box?
Best regards,
Jay Thompson

Gabriel Aaron Wynne

Johnson Valley, CA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2004 10:18 am    

Hey Yoda,

No I don't think it was a suggestion to think out side the box. What exactly do you mean anyway? Does anyone speak English here?

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2004 1:06 pm    

Let me see if I read you correctly. Should you ever sell anything here, you don't want other forumites standing up for your character. Or mentioning to potential, but uninformed, buyers that the item you're selling is of quality and worth what you're asking for it.

That wish should be easily granted, I'd think.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Gabriel Aaron Wynne

Johnson Valley, CA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2004 3:25 pm    

Hey Herb. . . I see that your opening web page features the Webb amp I sold you. . .

I've seen down right vicious & presumptive statements, personal attacks, tales of harassing e-mails to individuals, and outright lies posted about sellers and their instruments on this very forum . . . what does that say about their character?

But I digress. . . I think I was looking for a bridgeplate.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2004 5:37 pm    

GAW
Yes, I play the Webb. It's a great amp.

Certainly the forum has been used to dis other forumites and their gear. Thankfully those are in the vast minority, IMHO. But I see much more positive aspects about the type of "bump" posts I was discussing.

I don't know about you, but I get countless emails about "what guitar should I buy, I'm new at this?" "Do you know this guy who's asking me to send money?," "Is this guitar worth what he's asking?" etc. etc.

A lot of people around here are extremely cautious, as well they might be. I've been scammed from the forum a couple of times myself. They need more information than most ads give. Comments like "this guitar is worth it" from a knowledgeable disinterested party is very important for a newbie's decision-making. And I consider it helping out a friend when a truthful compliment is warranted.

And as a matter of fact, this conversation has kept the ad for your hard-to-find part right up at the top of the thread lists, now hasn't it?

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

[This message was edited by Herb Steiner on 11 August 2004 at 06:45 PM.]

Gabriel Aaron Wynne

Johnson Valley, CA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2004 6:21 pm    

Herb. When you're right you're right.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2004 8:18 am    

When you're smooching with your honey,
And her nose is kind of runny,
You may think it's funny,
But it's SNOT!

Ed Naylor

portsmouth.ohio usa, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2004 5:10 am    

Gabriel- I get calls almost daily for these old Fender parts.If by chance you find one -grab it- I t is not practical for Fender or anybody to spend Thousands of dollars to reproduce these items.Most players threw the plats away years ago. I sometimes get A Stringmaster in but most have missing parts. I have people really get irate because I didn't have a $3 tuning key. I guess it is part of the Game. Ed Naylor Steel Guitar Works